Automatic skip turn when that's the only option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
zingadoodle

Automatic skip turn when that's the only option

Post by zingadoodle »

It would be good - ESPECIALLY in turn-based play - for a players turn to be automatically skipped when that is the only option available to them.

It is sort of similar to how you automatically go from 00 to 0 after a crash. When blocked and the only option is to skip your turn (Because there are no other allowed dice rolls) it could just automatically happen.

Currently in turn-based play, it is possible that player A plays, then player B's only option is to skip a turn, but there might be a few hour delay before Player B comes on line just to skip a turn. Then player A goes again, but it may be a further few hours before player A comes back on-line.

If the automatic skip occurred, Player A would play, the skip would automatically happen, and Player A would play again in the same log-in session. Potentially saving two multi-hour waits.

I don't see a down-side to this?

In real-time mode people might wonder "why was I skipped" - but replay of the situation should show the issue, chat window will help new players, etc. etc.
Yasten

Re: Automatic skip turn when that's the only option

Post by Yasten »

Problem is the player might still be able to Pit Stop despite the skip turn...
compte obelète

Post by compte obelète »

Yasten wrote: 26 September 2021, 17:37 Problem is the player might still be able to Pit Stop despite the skip turn...
well, normally, as skiping the turn, it dosen't end if he can pit (gear 1+in a line next to the outside of the track), it ask if he want to pit (repair, repair/wheels, wheels) or don't pit.
Nhero

Post by Nhero »

To anyone that agrees with the original post and ends here after a forum search (like I did), there is an open suggestion to up-vote here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=18706

Return to “Rallyman: GT”