Wrong italian translation

Discussioni sulla traduzione italiana
Ruskie

Wrong italian translation

Post by Ruskie »

I would like to signal to errors in the italian version of the site that cannot be corrected via the usual "help us translate!" dialog because they're not there.

First one, in audio preferences: besides each possible sound event ther'e a dropdown list to choose the sound and then clickable link "Play" that will play the selected sound.
Now as you will know "Play" means "Gioca" as in "play the game"... but it also means "Suona" that is "produce a sound": this in italian is, exactly, "Suona" in italian and it has a completely different sond and menaning.
In general, the correct literal translation would be "Suona" rather than "Have a game". However the most appropriate word would be "Anteprima".

Regarding second consideration; in a game, the "Replay" button should really be left alone: "Rigioca" is what appears now, but it really means "Play another game of the same game).
Ruskie

Re: Wrong italian translation

Post by Ruskie »

Ruskie wrote: Now as you will know "Play" means "Gioca" as in "play the game"... but it also means "Suona" that is "produce a sound": this in italian is, exactly, "Suona" in italian and it has a completely different sond and menaning.
In general, the correct literal translation would be "Suona" rather than "Have a game". However the most appropriate word would be "Anteprima".
Omg I was so sleepy when I wrote this I would have barely been meaningful in italian.
So, what I meant to say was: the english word "Play", one of its meaning being "Suona" (Play a sound) and other being "Gioca" (Play a game) is incorrectly translated in the audio preferences panel. There, "Gioca" appears while "Suona" would be more appropriate and "Anteprima" (Preview) would make more sense according to general translations habits in this context.
Regarding second consideration; in a game, the "Replay" button should really be left alone: "Rigioca" is what appears now, but it really means "Play another game of the same game).
What I meant here is that while "Rigioca" is formally correct for "Replay", it usually is only meant for "Play again" (in the same conditions as before) and not for "Review the game". I would leave the "Replay" option, or at least "Rivedi" (Re-view).
Een

Post by Een »

Hi,

That's ok, I got your meaning, I studied some Italian long ago ;)

1) I'll add a new generic string LB_PLAY_SOUND in the next release to enable a separate translation for 'play' and 'play sound'

2) I changed the current validated translation in the translation system to 'rivedi questa partita'.

Cheers,
Een
serjok

Post by serjok »

Hi,
i wold like to signal an error in Italian Traslation in the Tournament's section.

The string: "REGISTER TOURNAMENT" (displayed on the push button in Competitions Page) is wrong-translated in "TORNEO REGISTRATO": the correct translation is "ISCRIVITI AL TORNEO".
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks for reporting this mistranslation, it has been fixed.

Cheers,
Een
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Hi all.
I would like to point out some small errors in italian translation of Stone Age game.

wrong -> correct

1)
string "Confirm people placement" = "Conferma il piazzamento delle persone"
should be
"Conferma il piazzamento delle persone"

2)
description
"Importante: per tradurre si deve essere madrelingua del linguaggio desiderato, e serve di conoscere ( e possibilemente, possedere) il gioco corrispondente. Se non si hanno questi requisit, si prega di non aggiungere o midificare le traduzioni. Inoltre, si prega di dare un'occhiata alle linee guida della traduzione prima di iniziare.
Per dialogare con gli altri traduttori, puoi utilizzare il forum dei traduttori."
should be
"Importante: per tradurre si deve essere madrelingua del linguaggio desiderato, e serve conoscere (e possibilmente possedere) il gioco corrispondente. Se non si hanno questi requisiti, si prega di non aggiungere o modificare le traduzioni. Inoltre, si prega di dare un'occhiata alle linee guida della traduzione prima di iniziare.
Per dialogare con gli altri traduttori, puoi utilizzare il forum dei traduttori."
Een

Post by Een »

Thanks for the report, I fixed those translations.

Cheers,
Een

Return to “Italiano - it”