Tutorial Comments

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
wpollock

Tutorial Comments

Post by wpollock »

First, thanks to wolmot for making this. It's very well presented overall, pretty thorough and clear. I have three points I'd like to see improved (it's possible others have additional ideas):

1) The fourth tutorial note shows up too high on the screen, so the top part of it gets cut off. Not sure why it's doing this -- on my laptop running Chrome it starts in a reasonable place and jumps after about a second so only the bottom half is visible.

2) The instruction to choose the hero Aegur shows up over the card, which means players can't select the card while the instruction is still onscreen. Ideally, the tutorial text should be moved so that doesn't happen. If it can't be moved, second-best would be to pick another hero -- even if it isn't the best strategic choice, I think for a tutorial visual clarity should take precedence.

3) Most importantly, can the first bids be changed? It would be better if none of the 0s went in the first tavern. This would allow the instructions to show basic bidding for turn order first, then in the second or third bid introduce the coin upgrade. Splitting these rules up in this way would stretch out the rules a touch, allowing the tutorial to introduce them a bit more slowly to players, which should help players to understand better what's happening. As a side benefit, this would also allow for a bit more "mental space" devoted to the coin upgrade, if you wanted to expand that a bit.

Overall, looks good to me.

Return to “Nidavellir”