For Sale: An Interesting Case Study of Irrationality

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ppsantos

Re: For Sale: An Interesting Case Study of Irrationality

Post by ppsantos »

Pneuma wrote: 17 October 2019, 05:07For Sale is a game where players are predictably irrational
Any updates/revisions on your strategic analysis for the game, now that the game is more than 6 months old in BGA and where players are now more experienced, and as a consequence, more 'rational'? Is your strategy still as effective as before.
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

If there are lower rated players after you, they are much more likely to bid high so you need to go higher to avoid having the worst 1 or 2 cards. They would rather use up half or more money on 1 card rather than take a low one.
FSKFSK

Post by FSKFSK »

asd123321 wrote: 21 October 2019, 04:15 Do you keep track of how much money everyone has? This can make a big difference
and give someone a big advantage. But it makes the game more work. These 2
reasons are why I think money should be visible.
If I'm playing the game casually, counting chips is more effort than I care to spend. You can always look back through the logs. I never was a fan of games that had "private information, but it's trackable if you have a good memory". It does matter. If you know how many chips everyone else has, that can make your decisions easier.

Return to “For Sale”