FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
frogstar_A

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by frogstar_A »

harald68 wrote: 22 December 2021, 22:30 i just achieved TOP 20 at SPYRIUM but did not get any XP-points for this.

is this trophy eliminated in the new system ?
No, there are TOP 20 ELO trophies still (I have a few) but you have to (i) have a rating of at least 300 and (ii) depending upon how popular the game is there may only be TOP 10 or TOP 5. Less popular games you have to get further up before trophies are awarded.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

dr icarus wrote: 29 December 2021, 02:11 Regarding ties during a win streak: what about when another player abandons the game and gets kicked out? When this happens in a three-or four- player game, the remaining players automatically tie. How is it fair to punish the remaining players by having this game count against their win streaks? BGA should treat such games like training mode games; that is, they shouldn't count for or against a winning streak.
I totally agree. It happens very frequently, even in the Arena, for there to be a "no show" player - and I have certainly had winning streaks broken by this as well, and it is annoying because it's totally out of your control. You could win 49 games in a row, but if any of the players doesn't show for Game 50 your streak is off. Ridiculous. I agree with you Dr Icarus that games which don't finish should just be ignored, not count as a tie that breaks the streak.
AmassGamesYouTube

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

Keep your enemies close but your gaming friends closer ;)
GregRaven

Post by GregRaven »

frogstar_A wrote: 24 November 2021, 00:37
GregRaven wrote: 12 November 2021, 00:06 Dear BGA, the DICE games of yours are getting crazy unnatural, these impossible series of rolls... Can you please fix it and not favour the players with lower points that crazy much, thank you! People are declining the games before start because of this, people are forfeiting games more often and it makes me look for anther website to be honest. You took out the randomness and put in some crazy algorithm that makes Yahtzee not enjoyable anymore.
Yahtzee plays fine for me and my Yahtzee ELO is over 300.

You must have just had the type of unusual rolls that will inevitably happen from time to time. I’ve had annoying runs in the past - like when I was one game off Elite league four times and four times my opponents got two Yahtzee’s! But that was just bad luck and these things happen.
Good for you :)
It wasn't a one time thing, or a few days, or weeks, or even months. It's been there since I play this game, I love it, but it's very-very far from being random. It happens on many occasions, even if I win or lose. That's the reason why higher ranking players don't want to play w lower ranking players, the chances are far less for them. Would be nice to put the algorithm back to normal, or closer to that.
nov17th

Post by nov17th »

I like your idea for the new system. I"m strangely optimistic about this.
NOV17TH
spamymaps

Post by spamymaps »

What are the requirements for the play 100 games at the same time? I've had over 100 turn based games going since yesterday and I haven't seen this achievement yet.
Trepiastok

Post by Trepiastok »

Почему за попадание в топ-5 - получил меньше очков, чем за попадание в топ-3? :) где логика?)
Luedsthegreat1

Post by Luedsthegreat1 »

As I come to the forums for the first time, and this thread in particular, I see there are 32 pages of discussions about the achievement system.

My question: Is there a full list of achievements available? (Not just the ones I've received, but ones that are possible)

Thanks
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

As I come to the XP system forum for the first time (I'm fairly new to BGA as a whole) I see this permanent reference article to describe the XP and Achievements system for the entire BGA website has been kicking around circa 2020. I hate to be the stickler, but the grammar and spelling in the article would benefit from a review. I understand that one-off forum responses or comments can have any number of typos etc, that have absolutely no impact on anything, but when I see a primary reference article riddled with poor translation, it just makes for an unpleasant read. Is there a method for community editing of this article to help improve it? (kinda like the open forum Game rules wiki?)
Palapapa

Post by Palapapa »

frogstar_A wrote: 03 January 2022, 00:10
dr icarus wrote: 29 December 2021, 02:11 Regarding ties during a win streak: what about when another player abandons the game and gets kicked out? When this happens in a three-or four- player game, the remaining players automatically tie. How is it fair to punish the remaining players by having this game count against their win streaks? BGA should treat such games like training mode games; that is, they shouldn't count for or against a winning streak.
I totally agree. It happens very frequently, even in the Arena, for there to be a "no show" player - and I have certainly had winning streaks broken by this as well, and it is annoying because it's totally out of your control. You could win 49 games in a row, but if any of the players doesn't show for Game 50 your streak is off. Ridiculous. I agree with you Dr Icarus that games which don't finish should just be ignored, not count as a tie that breaks the streak.
+1

Return to “Discussions”