Portugal map - incomplete builds?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
KenH

Portugal map - incomplete builds?

Post by KenH »

Playing a game on the Portugal map and I build a one hex long track from one city to the next. This track was removed at the end of the round as an incomplete link?

I looked at the special rules for Portugal and I don't see anything that would would change the track rules.
Shivaware

Re: Portugal map - incomplete builds?

Post by Shivaware »

This is part of the base rules. During the phase when income is paid out, all incomplete links are removed.
KenH

Post by KenH »

KenH wrote: 03 January 2022, 15:15 Playing a game on the Portugal map and I build a one hex long track from one city to the next. This track was removed at the end of the round as an incomplete link?

I looked at the special rules for Portugal and I don't see anything that would would change the track rules.
It is a complete route according the rules. From one city to another city. That's why I'm confused. It was a complete link.
Shivaware

Post by Shivaware »

Oops, sorry! I didn't read your post carefully enough. I'm not sure what the issue is, then.
nairobiny

Post by nairobiny »

If this relates to a specific game, and your post suggests that it does, you'd be doing the designer and the rest of us a big favour by filing a bug report against that specific game. If there is indeed an underlying issue, posting here - while cathartic - isn't going to get it fixed.
KenH

Post by KenH »

I wanted to make sure that I didn't have some fundamental misunderstanding of the rule. A bug report has already been created.
George Smiley

Post by George Smiley »

I've never had that issue on the Portugal map (or any map). Are you sure you completed the link? It is possible to develop the hex next to the city you plan to link into, but not actually connect your rail line into said target city.
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

Replay the move and make sure your hexagon was oriented correctly. One time I placed a one link with a curve and i oriented the curve the wrong way and I didn't realize it. This wouldn't matter in an in-person game, but clearly matters here

Return to “Railways of the World”