Arena Season8

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Schnitzolaus

Arena Season8

Post by Schnitzolaus »

Hi, any news about Arena seasons8? how many players ?
clxt

Re: Arena Season8

Post by clxt »

Cycle is 4-3-4-5.
Droxychloroquine

Post by Droxychloroquine »

I would love to have a 6 player Arena one day... I think it's a really cool player count. On the other hand I think 4P is far from an optimal count and it's probably considered the standard only because players are used to it being the arena format. I really like playing Arena but i'm not looking forward to another 4P season.

I think as far as PCs go, 3P > 5P > 6P > 4P > 7P. It would be cool if there was a vote at the end of a format to pick the next one (and you would force to rotate, so for example next season couldnt be 5 players).
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Droxychloroquine wrote: 05 January 2022, 16:29 I would love to have a 6 player Arena one day... I think it's a really cool player count. On the other hand I think 4P is far from an optimal count and it's probably considered the standard only because players are used to it being the arena format. I really like playing Arena but i'm not looking forward to another 4P season.

I think as far as PCs go, 3P > 5P > 6P > 4P > 7P. It would be cool if there was a vote at the end of a format to pick the next one (and you would force to rotate, so for example next season couldnt be 5 players).
The gurus will get to vote on it (whoever played most in the last 30 days).

It’s debated a lot on here and everyone has their personal favourite number! Personally I like the odd numbers best (3,5,7) of which 5 is my favourite, but others swear by 4. Mixing it up to some extent is a good thing, which they do.
Syl20rrr

Post by Syl20rrr »

Yep, depends of what you are looking for in the game.
I personnaly like to avoid variance as much as possible and know the card situation asap, thus i prefer low player counts: 3 then 4.
This season, i realized that when an experienced player doesn't have terrible hands or doesn't commit big mistakes, then he shall finish either 1st or 2nd most of the time.
Indeed, i faced so many games this 5p season when i was competing 1st place with a non-adjacent player and where the winner was the one who only got one of his neighbour competing military (typically he could get 4 points army at 3rd age without playing any army card).
I mean, on all those games, your result "depends" much on your neighbours style and this can be frustrating because there's nothing you can do against a player getting 3 army cards at last age, obviously ruining his game... and yours :-)
hexadoodle

Post by hexadoodle »

This season I'm discovering I'm pretty dang weak at 4 player. : P Last season I made it to elite with little difficulty, but this time I'm regularly stuck at gold 0 and get 4th place more often than anything. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not running into nearly as many elite players but I don't know if that has to do with matchmaking.

EDIT Finally got to platinum after what seemed like 100 games XD

Return to “7 Wonders”