Suggestion/Bug: selecting starting world/hand could be improved

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MoiMagnus

Suggestion/Bug: selecting starting world/hand could be improved

Post by MoiMagnus »

Whenever you chose a card to discard, the interface usually display a big red cross above it.
(At the contrary, when you chose a card to keep, the interface does not display a big red cross above it).
EXCEPT during setup, where the cards you select don't have a red cross above them despite the fact that they will be discarded, potentially misleading the player into thinking the card will be kept. (Fortunately, the text at the top of the screen is correct and can be trusted)

That's either a bug, or an oversight from the devs.

I've created a bug report about it some times ago (https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=26375), but I recently realised most peoples don't read through random bug reports so a post is probably a better idea to hear your though about that.
galehar

Re: Suggestion/Bug: selecting starting world/hand could be improved

Post by galehar »

I usually read the bug reports, but there are so many, I can miss some. Also, I had a long hiatus, so I definitely missed some. So yes, it's perfectly fine to point me to interesting bug reports through the forum or by messages. This one has a good value/effort ratio and I will definitely have a look at it.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

Thanks a lot!
dragonbane

Post by dragonbane »

galehar wrote: 12 January 2021, 15:01 I usually read the bug reports, but there are so many, I can miss some. Also, I had a long hiatus, so I definitely missed some. So yes, it's perfectly fine to point me to interesting bug reports through the forum or by messages. This one has a good value/effort ratio and I will definitely have a look at it.
But apparently this bug report was closed without fixing the bug because "noone had looked at it in awhile"? Seriously? I haaaaaaaaaaate this implementation because there are like 3 different areas that do click to keep or click to discard differently, so I never remember which way it is set up and occasionally just DO IT WRONG and there is no confirmation or undo. Let me tell you it's SO much fun spending an entire game playing a screwed-up tableau because the game interface gave you the wrong damn start world. Put the red X on them and add a confirm, how hard is that???
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

dragonbane wrote: 22 January 2022, 22:09
galehar wrote: 12 January 2021, 15:01 I usually read the bug reports, but there are so many, I can miss some. Also, I had a long hiatus, so I definitely missed some. So yes, it's perfectly fine to point me to interesting bug reports through the forum or by messages. This one has a good value/effort ratio and I will definitely have a look at it.
But apparently this bug report was closed without fixing the bug because "noone had looked at it in awhile"? Seriously? I haaaaaaaaaaate this implementation because there are like 3 different areas that do click to keep or click to discard differently, so I never remember which way it is set up and occasionally just DO IT WRONG and there is no confirmation or undo. Let me tell you it's SO much fun spending an entire game playing a screwed-up tableau because the game interface gave you the wrong damn start world. Put the red X on them and add a confirm, how hard is that???
Last time I've played, there was a red cross, both when you put your mouse over it and after selecting it (assuming you select the world first then the red cross remain there up until you chose your starting hand). If you don't see the big red cross that's truly a bug.

There is no confirmation/undo, but I did not ask for one in my bug report, since I didn't have issue with it as I always select the world first and the hand second. But you're right that for peoples that start by selecting their hand and then their world, it's still easy to mess up.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”