Players joining game and not hitting 'accept'

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Vrooman

Players joining game and not hitting 'accept'

Post by Vrooman »

Recently I've noticed a number of high ranked players will join my game, but then never hit 'accept' to start the game. They don't leave, they just linger until I cancel. And often these high ranked players will then spectate my game with another player. I am a middling player, so I don't really understand why. Ideas as to why?
GreenP55

Re: Players joining game and not hitting 'accept'

Post by GreenP55 »

This only happens to me during Chess which are all friendly matches and the people not accepting always have higher scores then me... can only assume they are playing for the rank not the fun. Not sure why i do not get the chance to reject when a BG game opens - system appears to take me straight to the table.
Romain672

Re: Players joining game and not hitting 'accept'

Post by Romain672 »

Vrooman wrote: 28 January 2022, 17:52 Recently I've noticed a number of high ranked players will join my game, but then never hit 'accept' to start the game. They don't leave, they just linger until I cancel. And often these high ranked players will then spectate my game with another player. I am a middling player, so I don't really understand why. Ideas as to why?
If they are afk (away from keyboard), they will became spectator.
But it's the fault to them which start a game and then leave

Return to “Backgammon”