Developers gave up on game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
hondjuh

Developers gave up on game?

Post by hondjuh »

Did the developers give up on this game? It's been in beta forever. There are numerous bugs reported and nothing has been adressed
Varianor

Re: Developers gave up on game?

Post by Varianor »

Came here to offer a thought for the developers. Met your post. :|
Ryusan

Post by Ryusan »

I hope not. I really enjoy the game. I hope if it gets out of beta, then it will finally have a player base because right now it's impossible to start a cooperative game because most of the players that still bother to play don't like to play coop mode...
codehearted

Post by codehearted »

I have been a little lazy lately but I intend to take up the slack in development if BGA will let me, at least to get it out of Beta. I want to play Arena Room 25. I already fixed the bounty hunt bug associated with Room 25, only to confirm that it is already fixed in the code deployed on BGA. But there are plenty of other bugs to deal with. The question then is which codebase to use going forward, especially if the other developer is gone, since the BGA studio version is a later version. The Studio version *did* have the bounty hunt bug (the one where 12 jamming rooms show up), oddly enough, so I fixed it on the Studio codebase so it could move forward, but that leaves questions about the status of the code and what the differences are between the most released version on BGA and the BGA studio latest release.. suffice it to say, when work calms down a bit, I hope to get through all these issues.

I have gone through the code enough to be sure I can handle working through the bug list, it just may take some time before I can get to it. And I can be lazy at times even when work isn't taking a lot of time, which it has been recently. But don't give up. Even if the previous developer left, they did enough to inspire a new one.
Yustus

Post by Yustus »

Oh noes, so this is how it is :/
I like the game a lot, maybe I could use the time to help instead of playing it. There's quite a bunch of things I'd like to fix, ofc with previous affirmation that they are truly bugs. I wonder how many developers can work on a single game, I guess that without code reviews it could be counterproductive. Time to find more info..
ufm

Post by ufm »

Latest commit was months ago.
I don't know what's going on exactly, but it seems the original developer and two developers tried to jump in didn't do much, at least for now...
antonkawasaki

Post by antonkawasaki »

Every once in a while I check to see if Room 25 is out of beta. I tried playing a couple of times here, but it was so buggy - I had to stop. A shame, as it’s one of my favorite games (and I really need games for higher player counts).

I’m saddened to come across this thread mentioning the development may have been abandoned. Hope a new developer can swoop in and save the day…

Return to “Room 25”