extra tile

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kytbell

extra tile

Post by kytbell »

I recently played a game where at the end of round 7 there was NOWHERE to put a tile. I can't remember if it was a railroad or road tile, but say for example it was roads. All of my roads exits were already taken and there were no loose road ends. The system did allow me to click "done" and end the game accordingly with this tile remaining, but I wondered if players were penalized in any way for not connecting ALL the tiles, etc. I'm still a fairly new player, so I couldn't tell from the score, thanks.
bananasplay

Re: extra tile

Post by bananasplay »

terenabell wrote: 05 February 2022, 01:43 I recently played a game where at the end of round 7 there was NOWHERE to put a tile. I can't remember if it was a railroad or road tile, but say for example it was roads. All of my roads exits were already taken and there were no loose road ends. The system did allow me to click "done" and end the game accordingly with this tile remaining, but I wondered if players were penalized in any way for not connecting ALL the tiles, etc. I'm still a fairly new player, so I couldn't tell from the score, thanks.
"not connecting" or "not drawing"? If the former, then the this rule (from p. 7 of the rulebook) should provide your answer:

Each end of a Route that does not connect with any other Route or the outer edge of the board counts as an Error. ... You lose 1 point for each Error on your board.

If the latter, I found this on p. 5:

You must draw all 4 Routes shown on the dice each round (if possible, and each Route showing can only be drawn once, of course).

So, the "if possible" means that players need not obey the "must draw" if there's no legal spot for a Route. But this rule says nothing about penalizing players who can't legally draw a Route, nor could I find anything anywhere else.

Hope that helps!
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
kytbell

Re: extra tile

Post by kytbell »

The latter. An option comes up on the die for which there is nowhere to legally put or draw it.

Return to “Railroad Ink”