Lodge + Seasonal Bonus: bug? exploit? or WAD?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
VinceV

Lodge + Seasonal Bonus: bug? exploit? or WAD?

Post by VinceV »

(WAD=working as designed.)

I was playing a game online with friends, and we were in a season where anytime a player gained a mountain token, they also gained a water token. However, when visiting the Lodge, where you can exchange tokens 1 for 1, if you exchanged a water token for a mountain token, you would get a mountain token...plus the water bonus(!), essentially getting a free mountain for no cost to you. Is that how it is SUPPOSED to work? Is exchanging for a mountain token the same as GAINING a mountain? And I wonder if this is covered in the written rules.

Vince
Mogri

Re: Lodge + Seasonal Bonus: bug? exploit? or WAD?

Post by Mogri »

Yes, that's as designed. The seasonal bonuses play an important role in the game's strategy.
VinceV

Post by VinceV »

Okay, thanks! It was game #10 where I finally discovered it--and actually it was a friend I was playing with.

There was once, though, where my first hiker got the bonus both times, but my second hiker, also landing on the Lodge, only got the bonus the first time. Not sure what was happening there; it was not the 12 resource limit.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

The season bonus activates at most once per turn.

Return to “PARKS”