Arena Cribbage

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
sweetandcool

Arena Cribbage

Post by sweetandcool »

Does anybody think Arena would be better if it were best of 3?

On one hand, I like how quick a single game of cribbage is, but on the other hand it's quite the frustrating experience when you just get crushed because your opponent received great hands (and they are rated a lot lower than you in arena and your rating plummets into the abyss).

Playing another game or two would lessen the chances of a "lucky" win. It also gives you more of a chance to get to know your opponent and find weaknesses in their pegging strategy.

I think this change would make arena more of a competitive experience, but it would also make matches take closer to 30-40 minutes instead of 10-20 minutes.

What do you think?
esp-ear

Re: Arena Cribbage

Post by esp-ear »

I see this is the new rule. Not opposed to it. This is the way I was learned the game. I am old school so we always played 3 game for a true skunk.

lets see how it goes
sweetandcool

Post by sweetandcool »

I am happy for the change. I posted this before they created the guru pages. I am currently a guru and was one of the people who voted for the new arena format :D
bamf226

Post by bamf226 »

sweetandcool wrote: 06 October 2021, 03:12 I am happy for the change. I posted this before they created the guru pages. I am currently a guru and was one of the people who voted for the new arena format :D
Why did we go back to single game matches in season 7
tim_is_awesome

Post by tim_is_awesome »

i was guru for this game and also suggested and voted for best of 3 for the reasons posted already. it helps mitigate luck factors and allows skill a better chance of winning overall. i too think it sucks when you are clearly crushed by clearly inferior players getting god cards and cuts for an entire game.
bamf226

Post by bamf226 »

Why is the three game set being outvoted? Can you give us some info from behind the scenes on how 3 game sets were voted in and then changed the next season?

Return to “Cribbage”