LOCO MOMO: FORESTO PHOTO!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

LOCO MOMO: FORESTO PHOTO!

Post by DrClick »

One day, a mysterious camera was discovered in the enchanted forest of Loco Momo. To choose who would become its owner, the forest animals decided that the one who took the best picture would win the camera.

Gather the animals of the forest and succeed in making the most beautiful photo possible.

In a game of Loco Momo, you have 6 rounds to get the best picture by placing your animal tokens in a clever way on your photo board. To do this, your turn is divided into 2 simple phases:
- Collect animals.
- Place them on your board.

To collect animals, you will have to look carefully at the central board. First, you will move an animal token from one of the 4 zones. There are 5 types of animals, each moving in a different way.

But be careful!

The rabbit moves clockwise, the eagle diagonally and the bear stays put. Once the animal has been moved, simply take all of the tokens of the same color and place them on your picture board. There is only one constraint: you cannot leave an empty space on the left.

To score the most points after 6 rounds, you have to optimize your photo board. Indeed, each line brings points in different ways: identical animals, different animals, pairs or trios of animals. You can also try to make rows or columns of the same color to get an extra bonus.
Loco Momo is an easy to play, fast and addictive game with rich strategic possibilities. You will have to watch each player's game to get the best score.

The BGA adaptation includes 2 mini expansions that are also available for the physical game.

Discover it now by clicking right here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=locomomo

We would like to thank the wonderful team at BLAM! for their authorization to bring this game online, and it is mostly thanks to the work of LeSteffen, our developer, that made it possible! Kudos to them!

And that's it for today's release.
Grab your camera and dive into the forest!
See you next week for another release.
T72on1

Re: LOCO MOMO: FORESTO PHOTO!

Post by T72on1 »

Just played my first game. It's fast, light and fun !
AmassGamesYouTube

Post by AmassGamesYouTube »

Glad for the comment as whilst I have a rough idea what it could entail, the premise isn't drawing me in. Let's find out :)
Mumu TW

Post by Mumu TW »

Really like this lite game.
The mechanism is easy and the rules are intuitive.
This is a game for family or for a lite filling game with friends.
It need a little bit strategy and a little bit luck, and also, your passion for animals in the woods ;-P
FYI, the designers are from Taiwan. Additionally, the leopard cat in the game is the wild cat native to continental South, Southeast, and East Asia.
However, it became endangered in scope of Taiwan. For me, I might hope this game could trigger people's awareness on the animal protection (not only leopard cat, of course!).

Hope everyone have a good time playing!
Wolfgang Bader

Post by Wolfgang Bader »

I was looking forward to playing Loco Momo on BGA but the fact that I can simply mouse over every single animal and see which other tiles I will get by picking that one doesn't force me to know or think how the different animals move. Which takes away a big part of the game. I don't think I'll play it again like this unfortunately.
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Wolfgang Bader wrote: 16 February 2022, 22:09 I was looking forward to playing Loco Momo on BGA but the fact that I can simply mouse over every single animal and see which other tiles I will get by picking that one doesn't force me to know or think how the different animals move. Which takes away a big part of the game. I don't think I'll play it again like this unfortunately.
Hovering over an animal just explains the rule of movement, so you don't have to look it up or memorize it. I don't see how that detracts from the game. Most games in BGA are coded like that. I think it actually helps to enjoy the game, as you can just play and don't have to learn everything by heart. Over time you'll get a feel for it and won't even have to use that help.
Morborg

Post by Morborg »

Definitely a light fun, filler game (very quick) but the video in English isn't very clear, I hope someone makes a different one.
__X__

Post by __X__ »

How was this pushed to release? It should still be in Beta. In fact, by the site rules for reviewers, it should still be in Alpha: All elements should have tooltips, according to the guidelines, before moving out of Alpha. There's no undo ... if you make a placement mistake, you have to restart all placement, rather than just undoing the previous move. There's no scoring summary. Everything "works", but this is not up to the standards it should be for release.

And don't tell me to make suggestions, that's not the point .. the point is that the game interface is not polished enough to meet the published standards of this site for full release. And it is happening too often lately.

It's great that so many new games are being added ... but some seem to be getting pushed into the queue before they're done. They should be kept in Beta a little longer.
lordmcfuzz

Post by lordmcfuzz »

oof the video explanation linked is not great. They could have benefited by scripting their video a little bit more. I suspect they were told that and they did not appreciate the criticism as the comments are turned off.
Wolfgang Bader

Post by Wolfgang Bader »

T72on1 wrote: 17 February 2022, 10:28
Wolfgang Bader wrote: 16 February 2022, 22:09 I was looking forward to playing Loco Momo on BGA but the fact that I can simply mouse over every single animal and see which other tiles I will get by picking that one doesn't force me to know or think how the different animals move. Which takes away a big part of the game. I don't think I'll play it again like this unfortunately.
Hovering over an animal just explains the rule of movement, so you don't have to look it up or memorize it. I don't see how that detracts from the game. Most games in BGA are coded like that. I think it actually helps to enjoy the game, as you can just play and don't have to learn everything by heart. Over time you'll get a feel for it and won't even have to use that help.
Definitely seeing your point. And generally I'd agree with you, I appreciate it too when BGA helps me having an easier time rather than having to grind rules.
In Loco Momo the described movement for each animal in the middle of the board would have been enough for me personally. The way it is now I don't feel challenged enough.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”