How to use ferries?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Neilan

How to use ferries?

Post by Neilan »

I can't for the life of me get ferries to work after the track interface change. What am I missing?
WetDogIsHappy

Re: How to use ferries?

Post by WetDogIsHappy »

Version 2.2 was promoted on Feb 19.

This change included a correction to the Ferry Line rules that Beta versions of the game started with.
What it did not do, was make the Ferry Lines pickable for existing games that started as Beta.
Games started after Feb 19 will work with the new rules.

I apologize, but your current game will not allow you to take a Ferry Line, so that you can use it.

At the moment you must decide to either abandon the game collectively or continue to play without the Ferry Line being available.

Here is the rule change:

Railways of North America:
Ferry Lines now have an icon for 'Hand of Cards' and must be taken in an action before you can use them to build a Ferry Line
Mines now have an 'Instant Use' icon.

The way to use the card:
Use 'Choose Card' to take a Ferry Line operation card
On a future turn, build track. You will see an 'Activate Ferry Line' button.
Until you click 'Activate Ferry Line' all hexes with the Ferry symbol will have a red X showing that you can't build there yet.
Click on the 'Activate Ferry Line' button.
The red X's will disappear and you can then build on the Ferry Line Hexes for $0.
This lays track like any other valid hex and the link can be used to deliver cubes like any other link.

Laying track on a Ferry symbol consumes the Ferry Line operation card when you click 'End Action'.
If you activated the 'Ferry Line' card but did not lay track on a Ferry symbol, the card is not consumed, and you can use in a future action.
Last edited by WetDogIsHappy on 26 February 2022, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Neilan

Re: How to use ferries?

Post by Neilan »

Ah, haha, understood, thanks! Thought I was losing my mind trying to figure it out. :lol:

Return to “Railways of the World”