Action: Draw Objective Card - Confusion

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
KerryWano

Action: Draw Objective Card - Confusion

Post by KerryWano »

My wife and I were playing this evening when we ran into an odd issue, which I do not know if it's a bug or not.

She had completed a plot objective, then selected the Draw Objective action. When she selected "Plots" from the top, the following message came up in the game log, and she was not given a card (the selection buttons were still present at the top of the board):

[Wifey] picks an objective card (plots) already completed: they must pick another one.

I don't even know what this means. There is nothing in the rules even remotely pointing to something this might refer to.

Any ideas?
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
--Thomas Jefferson
T72on1

Re: Action: Draw Objective Card - Confusion

Post by T72on1 »

It means she picked an objective that is already on the board. In that case, the objective gets discarded, and you have to choose again.
KerryWano

Post by KerryWano »

T72on1 wrote: 22 February 2022, 10:07 It means she picked an objective that is already on the board. In that case, the objective gets discarded, and you have to choose again.
Finally found a reference to what you're talking about in the manual. According to the manual, that is an ADVANCED variant. Even then, the FAQ on BoardGameGeek says to put the discarded objective card under its respective pile, which makes no sense for Plots objectives.

Nowhere in creating a Takenoko game table does it prompt for Advanced Objective Rules or anything similar.

This sounds like a rules misinterpretation, to me.
--Thomas Jefferson
KerryWano

Post by KerryWano »

I found that this question has been answered.
This IS a bug, and it has been reported with different varying titles since 2014.

Here is one.
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=9676
--Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Takenoko”