Cancel a tournament game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
David_13174

Cancel a tournament game

Post by David_13174 »

Hi,

I'm playing a game with someone whom is Ukrainian. They have ran out of time by 22+ hours, is there any way to cancel the game without causing them a penalty considering what is currently occuring.

Thanks
frogstar_A

Re: Cancel a tournament game

Post by frogstar_A »

I think only by proposing to abandon it? You can't unilaterally cancel because that feature could be abused by people losing games.
kytbell

Post by kytbell »

BGA really should go in and use time jokers or remove any penalty for players from Ukraine. Not that their reputations on here are top of mind right now, but considering what those poor people are facing it's literally the least the site can do.

Does anybody know how to contact BGA corporate? The only people with "authority" I've seen post on these forums are volunteer developers.
David_13174

Post by David_13174 »

I know what you mean. They person I am playing's account is being hammered. They were 100% when we started and they are down to 44% so I can only assume lots of games are being abandoned. I hope the person I'm playing is okay. :(
kytbell

Post by kytbell »

Not sure which country you're in, David. Here in the US, our news is reporting that Ukraine's internet has understandably been in and out. And even if they had connection, our news here in the US says regular citizens who have never fired a gun before are having to take arms and fight (an article in the Wall Street Journal mentioned a pizzeria owner, a consultant, a professional tennis player, etc). BGA is the least of their worries. But for me at least, playing games here is a nice reprieve from life's stresses. It may seem like a small thing, but why add a jacked up BGA profile to the mix of what these people have to deal with once it's the time and place to repair?

Perhaps if you reposted this thread in one of the non-game-specific forums? Not everybody plays Carcassonne.

Return to “Carcassonne”