Should this have counted as the final delivery of Passenger Lines?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Rooster6975

Should this have counted as the final delivery of Passenger Lines?

Post by Rooster6975 »

We were playing a 3-player game of Railways of the World - Portugal. One of the bonuses was Passenger lines, first player to deliver 4 different colour cubes. One player had delivered red, yellow, and purple. That player then delivered a blue cube to Porto, which is a Top Blue / Bottom Purple city. The delivery counted towards his points, but he did not receive the Passenger Lines bounty. It never added a blue to his list of cubes under his name. Meanwhile, I only had 2 different cubes delivered, so I delivered first a red, which added the cube to my list, and then on a subsequent turn, delivered a black cube to the newly created black city. I received the bounty. In the interim, he delivered 2 more blue cubes to Porto, neither of which counted towards Passenger Lines.

I think he should have received the bounty. Is there a rule where he can't receive it if he delivers to a blue/purple city? The only reason I received it was that I delivered a black cube as my 4th colour, and did not even try to deliver blue.
WetDogIsHappy

Re: Should this have counted as the final delivery of Passenger Lines?

Post by WetDogIsHappy »

The Passenger Lines card is awarded for delivering 3 or 4 (depending on the map) differently colored cubes, each to a different city.
If a city like Porto can received 2 colors, it only counts as one city in the counting.
Rooster6975

Re: Should this have counted as the final delivery of Passenger Lines?

Post by Rooster6975 »

Ahhhh! Thanks! I didn't realize that, but it makes complete sense. I bet he delivered first purple and then blue to the same city. Thanks, learned something new.

Return to “Railways of the World”