Better?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Willi B

Better?

Post by Willi B »

What exactly do the developers mean when they use Better as a auto turn definition?
Sunfall

Re: Better?

Post by Sunfall »

Willi B wrote: 26 February 2022, 00:28 What exactly do the developers mean when they use Better as a auto turn definition?
From my experience, it means "strictly superior." In other words, if one option gives you $3, and another gives you $4, it automatically picks the $4, since more money never hurts you. However, if there's any sort of mix to the payout (say, one gives you $2 and an income, and the other gives you $3 and a point), it'll still always prompt you to pick.

If you don't like the choice it made (I was trying to remember how it handles VP-only choices, because more there is not always better if you're saving up for a mondo turn), you can always change the radio button selection and hit the 'restart turn' button.
RichCraw

Post by RichCraw »

When set to "Yes" and "Better" and a double arrow on blue 11 and [1 Income] on both 10 and 12.

The algorithm fails and you are prompted to pick either [1 income] or [1 income]
Sunfall

Post by Sunfall »

RichCraw wrote: 26 February 2022, 16:21 When set to "Yes" and "Better" and a double arrow on blue 11 and [1 Income] on both 10 and 12.

The algorithm fails and you are prompted to pick either [1 income] or [1 income]
Better for it to not notice some things are identical/better than for it to pick the wrong option.

I will note that several times I thought it was failing to choose, but it turned out it was because I had the ability to use a cube to adjust the die roll and it was giving me the option to do so.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

Sunfall wrote: 26 February 2022, 10:11 However, if there's any sort of mix to the payout (say, one gives you $2 and an income, and the other gives you $3 and a point), it'll still always prompt you to pick.
Almost always. I've just had it decide that 8 money was better than 1 money and a cube, which surprised me because normally it doesn't realise that X money and a cube is better than X money.
Sunfall

Post by Sunfall »

pjt33 wrote: 05 March 2022, 14:30 Almost always. I've just had it decide that 8 money was better than 1 money and a cube, which surprised me because normally it doesn't realise that X money and a cube is better than X money.
That sounds like a bug unless the cube slot was already filled.

Return to “Space Base”