Expansions Thoughts?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Brocconel

Expansions Thoughts?

Post by Brocconel »

Just curious if more experienced / strong / expert Loco Momo players have any thoughts about the expansions?

I've just finished my third 4p game using them, and in all three games, the player who purposely ignored the protected species/habitat hex, and just went about collecting those "endangered" species/habitats, while other players tried to avoid them, easily won each time. :lol:

Leaves me thinking that that expansion doesn't really enhance or strategically alter the basic game very much? The +7 bonus for having the fewest doesn't beat just collecting the best tiles, regardless of what is "endangered". Have other players found this to be true?

The "Acrobatic" expansion came into play in my first trial game, but was not a factor in my other two. So, so far I'm reserving judgement to see what happens as I play with it more.

Just curious, and I figured this was the place to ask. :?:
Vittoriano

Re: Expansions Thoughts?

Post by Vittoriano »

Hi,
how does it works the acrobatic expansion? I don't understand how can i get the 5 more points.
THANK YOU
Brocconel

Post by Brocconel »

Vittoriano wrote: 04 March 2022, 18:32 Hi,
how does it works the acrobatic expansion? I don't understand how can i get the 5 more points.
THANK YOU
One of the 5 animals is randomly selected. You will see it in the flower shaped token at the top of the main game board. Any player who manages to place that animal-type in the top-right corner of their own playing board will get a +5 point bonus at the end of the game.
Chauff

Post by Chauff »

At 4 players, I'm not sure it's really worth it to aim for the protected species bonus. At 2 players the benefit vs risk is much higher, it can change the strategy quite radically and I really enjoy it.

Return to “Loco Momo”