Clarification for 5th die

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lou1990lou

Clarification for 5th die

Post by Lou1990lou »

I'm unsure if what I'm asking is the same as this post
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 93&t=23104

Are the combinations of dice you're given on the 4th+ rolls only ever meant to give you the options that contain the 5th five you've chosen earlier?

For instance you've chosen the 5th dice as 1 , 4, and 6
The dice rolled are 1 2 6 5 4.
Does this mean that all of the combinations that leave 2 and 5 as the fifth dice are supposed to be excluded from what you can pick?

Because i know for certain that there have been instances where i can pick something where my 5th dice isn't there.
Sheffield_refugee

Re: Clarification for 5th die

Post by Sheffield_refugee »

It would be interesting to see the game. My guess is that in any turns where you were able to pick a 5th die other than your selected 3 dice is when ALL of the rolled dice do not match with your 3 dice.

For example:
You have selected 1, 3, 5 as your 5th dice. The roll is 2, 2, 4, 4, 6
Since no die matches your selected 1, 3, or 5, you may pick any die (for this roll) to be the 5th die.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Sheffield_refugee wrote: 02 March 2022, 20:33 It would be interesting to see the game. My guess is that in any turns where you were able to pick a 5th die other than your selected 3 dice is when ALL of the rolled dice do not match with your 3 dice.

For example:
You have selected 1, 3, 5 as your 5th dice. The roll is 2, 2, 4, 4, 6
Since no die matches your selected 1, 3, or 5, you may pick any die (for this roll) to be the 5th die.
Yes, this is called a "free throw" because you don't have to "pay" for it by marking off a square on one of your three 5th die choices.
Sometimes it will occur that a throw will not contain one of the three numbers chosen by a player. In this instance the player has a "free throw" where the "5th die" cannot and need not be chosen.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Lou1990lou wrote: 14 January 2022, 11:13 I'm unsure if what I'm asking is the same as this post
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 93&t=23104

Are the combinations of dice you're given on the 4th+ rolls only ever meant to give you the options that contain the 5th five you've chosen earlier?

For instance you've chosen the 5th dice as 1 , 4, and 6
The dice rolled are 1 2 6 5 4.
Does this mean that all of the combinations that leave 2 and 5 as the fifth dice are supposed to be excluded from what you can pick?

Because i know for certain that there have been instances where i can pick something where my 5th dice isn't there.
My understanding is that if you have a 5th die that matches one you have chosen, you MUST use it. You can't choose a dice combo that provides you with a free pass on the fifth die.

Return to “Can't Stop Express”