I wish you could disable the chat on this game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
skhpldk

I wish you could disable the chat on this game

Post by skhpldk »

This game can be pretty fun, like all games it can sometimes be frustrating, but it's completely aggravating trying to play with somebody who's constantly giving you directions.
RicardoRix

Re: I wish you could disable the chat on this game

Post by RicardoRix »

sure, it's against the spirit of the game, did you tell them that? This game should definitely be played with players of the same ability.
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

+1 and a message explaining that the game is supposed to be without any communication. Something like "this player disables the chat to follow game rules".
brucellosis

Post by brucellosis »

Just ask them not to? I like the occasional social chat in the game, or comments like 'that was a nice play' or commiserations after a mistake etc :)

I prefer not to play with people who don't seem willing to communicate at all.
skhpldk

Post by skhpldk »

Well, gave my first thumb down tonight. Don't think I'll be playing this game anymore.
chippy21

Post by chippy21 »

I have been in games where players talk incessantly with each other and personally find it annoying... especially in arena. I just adjust the browser window so the chat is off screen and turn sound off.
master of bluff

Post by master of bluff »

skhpldk wrote: 03 April 2019, 08:38 This game can be pretty fun, like all games it can sometimes be frustrating, but it's completely aggravating trying to play with somebody who's constantly giving you directions.
can you tell me if chats are disabeled how you will learn hanabi? we all learnt from chats about reverse, bluff, finess ,trash bluff ,double bluff, double half bluff, trash push/pull, layer, clandestine, long finess, shadow finess, chop move and etc

asking to disable chat means you dont want to learn hanabi or be a good player in it , you just want to bomb over bomb and miss hints , make everyone loose but no one be able to tell you why or what you did wrong or what you missed . and never learn from youre mistake . you cant play hanabi like that . you playing bad makes others loose too so you have to learn the convention or just play hanabi with youre friends , in this game we cant play different rules in it. either we play on same page or we dont play atall. if you prefer not lrarning hanabi in chats so you will soon get rt from most masters

Return to “Hanabi”