New Guy to the Game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Dennis W

New Guy to the Game

Post by Dennis W »

Found this here and bought it based just on the solo plays. Hoping to introduce it on the table this weekend to my group and have a couple of questions on how 'Diplomacy' is handled in RL tabletop and here.

In RL 3-4 player games - How do you handle Diplomacy? Do you treat it like the old Diplomacy board game and have private meetings to obfuscate and make temp deals? Or do you make it all public and all talk is open?

Translate to BGA - Is it cool to have private chats off table? In a 3 player game this feels a lot like it hinges more on trust than tactics.

I come from an SFB background and this is scratching a serious itch :)
RobertBr

Re: New Guy to the Game

Post by RobertBr »

Dennis W wrote: 25 March 2022, 15:57
Translate to BGA - Is it cool to have private chats off table? In a 3 player game this feels a lot like it hinges more on trust than tactics.
As a matter of etiquette, no, that would not be appropriate, though I doubt it violates any BGA policies.. How you would handle it with an established group is obviously a matter or personal preference.
Dennis W

Re: New Guy to the Game

Post by Dennis W »

Appreciate that.

Having not started playing with my group in RL, I was just looking for opinions on how others played before discussing in person with them tomorrow.

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”