what am i doing wrong

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
rhyaeris

what am i doing wrong

Post by rhyaeris »

8 Games
1 Victories

i'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear than lose at this game again
(yes it's ironic, getting upset at a game about meditation)

i don't know which colours are valuable so i take a wild guess at the start, then they turn out to be 1s and 2s
and if i take a few turns at the start to meditate and figure out which are the 3s and 4s i lose too much valuable time anyway
GeraldineMerida

Re: what am i doing wrong

Post by GeraldineMerida »

Definitely don't waste time meditating at the start. Only do it when you need to to regain tokens.

Commit to maybe 3 colours at the start, then add in colours you find/deduce to be higher scoring from those that are left, once you get a bit more info from meditation/other players' behaviour.

All things being equal, red is good because of the harmonisation bonus, and purple/dark blue are good because you can quickly move them down from the top and then jump over them, allowing you to place more gems free at the top, rather than paying to put them in a chakra well.

Having fewer tokens tied up at the side of the board, so you can make more moves without needing to meditate, is very powerful.

It is possible to win by being fast, even with low-scoring colours.

Hope that helps enough to get you a first victory, at least!
rhyaeris

Post by rhyaeris »

that's very detailed, thank you :) will certainly give those tips a try

love this game so i will keep trying till i win
splashes lass

Post by splashes lass »

I am completely at a loss with this game

I like the theme.

Playing against my Mum and I just can't figure it out

Return to “Chakra”