How do I chain blue arrows?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Remkar

How do I chain blue arrows?

Post by Remkar »

I assumed I was allowed to, then the game didn't seem to let me, so I assumed I misread the rules and it wasn't allowed, but checking on board game geek, it appears it is allowed, so I must be misunderstanding how to physically do it in this implementation.

Any help?

And to be clear, I currently have double blue arrows on 9 through 11, I set that up so I could trigger 12 from any roll 9 or higher, and I can activate the 9 arrow and it lets me choose 8 or 10, but if I choose 10, it doesn't let me choose 11 to keep the chain going.

Am I misunderstanding something?
sorryimlikethis

Re: How do I chain blue arrows?

Post by sorryimlikethis »

I've experienced this and thought the same at first.
After you select the 9 it will give you the choice of 8 or 10. Then if you select 10 it will automatically follow the arrows to 12 as there is no other choice you can make. I know this is definitely the case if you have selected to automatically receive rewards if there's no other choice, I'm not sure if it makes you click on all the arrows if you haven't. If it hasn't given you the 12 reward then it's a bug.
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Thanks for the response. I am using auto (and I've noticed it select using auto with I had only 1 blue arrow), but I'll try to pay more attention on my next turn tomorrow.

Appreciate the feedback, and I'll pay back here if I figure it out or if it looks like a bug.

Since this is my 2nd game (and my first was in real time), I haven't been 100% sure of myself in terms of the rules vs my not understanding the interface. ;)
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

You were correct, I rolled 9, selected the 10, and it auto chained up to the 12.

I'm guessing I was expecting to have to click the 11 and then the 12, and missed that it was auto chaining to 12 yesterday, so I had ended up selecting 8 instead of 10 because I thought 10 was giving me no reward.

Glad the game is working, and glad I understand the chaining mechanism now.

Thanks again!
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Glad to hear it works properly. Looks like you won the game as well so congratulations :)
Remkar

Post by Remkar »

Haha, thanks!

Yeah, my chain was loading up the "you win" ship in slot 12. ;)
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Remkar wrote: 30 March 2022, 04:42 Haha, thanks!

Yeah, my chain was loading up the "you win" ship in slot 12. ;)
Off-topic, but I have that card too for the first time. It's a really peculiar one, so I was really surprised to see such a card exists. I just had to try it out. And indeed, chaining seems the way to go in that case.

Return to “Space Base”