never ending game (on purpose)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kikixcvxc

never ending game (on purpose)

Post by kikixcvxc »

I had an unfortunate situation with two users (i think i can't say their name)

I was the sheriff and at one point, killing the first outlaw, I shot all three of the rest. When also the renny was gone my deputy was offended and started shooting me saying in chat that until I apologized he would continue to leave me with a life without ending the game, with the agreement of the other person (or maybe was same user with two account) who once left with a life discarded the cards without shooting me . In chat he kept repeating that my only chance was to repeat the words of apology that he forced me to say in chat. I do not give in to blackmail so small that the game went on for more than an hour. A horrible situation where either I said what he wanted or I took a penalty to finally end the game.
I hope I never meet these two users again and I hope nobody understands what happened to me. It was unpleasant and humiliating.
voriki

Re: never ending game (on purpose)

Post by voriki »

Such a strange story, and I apologize, buit it very hard to read with missing punctuation or white spaces. I also assume there are other things at play which you did not mention, but I can't go on that.

kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 I had an unfortunate situation with two users (i think i can't say their name)
Indeed, you can't name offenders on the forum.
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 I was the sheriff and at one point, killing the first outlaw, I shot all three of the rest. When also the renny was gone
That sounds like the game was going well.
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 my deputy was offended and started shooting me
Why was he offended? Did you say something in chat prior?
Anyways, going against his role(actively shooting the Sheriff) = a form of cheating/kingmaking, reportable offense.
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 saying in chat that until I apologized he would continue to leave me with a life without ending the game,
Apologize for doing your job as a sheriff?
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 with the agreement of the other person (or maybe was same user with two account)
Collaboration about someone who is an opposing faction? Kingmaking it is.
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 In chat he kept repeating that my only chance was to repeat the words of apology that he forced me to say in chat
What kind of apology was he expecting?
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 I do not give in to blackmail so small that the game went on for more than an hour. A horrible situation where either I said what he wanted or I took a penalty to finally end the game.
Better to have taken the penalty and report their behinds as soon as enough evidence was gathered in chat.
kikixcvxc wrote: 06 April 2022, 11:59 I hope I never meet these two users again and I hope nobody understands what happened to me. It was unpleasant and humiliating.
Red Thumb them, and report them. Nothing else to do about it.
kikixcvxc

Post by kikixcvxc »

Yes the game proceeded normally up to a certain point, when I shot him too (not knowing who the renegade was) he got offended and said I had to say"I'm sorry I shot you for nothing I beg your pardon" or he would keep leaving me hanging to a lifetime all day ... He kept insisting that it was my choice whether to repeat those words or continue like this. The outlaw was at his game, I have no idea why he did not want to win (if the outlaw had shot me I would have died immediately) after an hour of play I went out taking the penalty (and his red thumb) and I signaled both reporting the table number.

Sorry my english is not my mother tongue

The game was weird and no, I didn't say absolutely anything in chat that could offend him.
voriki

Post by voriki »

It's quite normal for a Deputy to get shot at by the Sheriff, as long as there had been no actions that somehow lezd the conclusion of innocence. But a Sheriff needs to spread his shots and lower each persons health equally and not target someone continuously, unless they're certain of their (evil) allegiance.
kikixcvxc

Post by kikixcvxc »

I agree and i fact i shoot him just once, as i did with everyone else left. But even if i was a bad player, it was really unpleaseant had to take a penality beacause they didn't want to finish game on purpose.

Return to “Bang”