EL GRANDE: Good ol'Wolfgang Kramer in Spain...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
ogooys

Re: EL GRANDE: Good ol'Wolfgang Kramer in Spain...

Post by ogooys »

Wundershön! Ich wollen ein gutes traditionell spiel spielen! Vielen Danke!
Electric_Cheese

Post by Electric_Cheese »

Emeryk wrote: 11 April 2022, 20:28 Great Game. I love to see It on BGA.
But... In real game you can choose to do or not the special action, in this app is no possible. Action trigger automaticatly.
Is that so? This is my favourite game so it's great to finally see it here, but yeah that changes the game quite a lot as you sometimes take an action card that would be disadvantageous to you if played, just to stop anyone from playing it.
manymoodys

Post by manymoodys »

You can elect not to do the action. Believe the button says place caballeros (sp?) and skip action or something like that.
Hydraxize

Post by Hydraxize »

Le grand-père du jeu de zone, et toujours aussi bon. :)
christerrell

Please display number of caballeros in castillo

Post by christerrell »

This is one of my all time favorite games, thank you so much for developing this. If I could humbly ask for two modifications?

A confirm button would be great here.

Even better, please display the number of caballeros in the castillo. While this is supposedly "hidden", the number there is actually public knowledge for anyone willing to do math. There are 30 caballeros total. Subtract the number visible from 30 and that is how many are in the castillo.

Which is both important AND tedious. Simpler to just display how many caballeros are in the castillo. Thanks for considering!!!
ozzycanon

Post by ozzycanon »

Ujjvala wrote: 06 April 2022, 15:47 If you do a historical game at least do it properly with the kingdoms at that time. A little bit of research is the minimum thing you can do.... That map is insulting.
It's a game not a lesson in geographicy.
Richtofen

Post by Richtofen »

Completely agree with both points made by christerrell.

It would be great to be able to see the total caballeros in the castillo rather than having to trawl through the game log manually. I see that this has been suggested on Bugs and Suggestions, and I just upvoted it.

I do hope someone can kindly look at some of the Confirm/Cancel buttons, they are a bit hit-and-miss in places. I've tried to report (or upvote) issues, the worst experience for us was the Intrigue card, which currently has 5 different bug reports possibly all amounting to a problem with the interface rather than the processing.

But this is a fantastic game, and with the exception of these two issues, the implementation is superb. Great to see it here!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”