Mines always on space five, sometimes six

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
starfruit

Mines always on space five, sometimes six

Post by starfruit »

The last many games I have played (both simple and arena) have had this bug. The mine only comes out on square five, sometimes six, and in the centre. Has anyone else noticed this? I reported it as a bug but haven't seen a response yet.
cigma

Re: Mines always on space five, sometimes six

Post by cigma »

This is not a bug. In the physical version of the game, the colour of the backside of the hex tiles is printed on the game board in order to help with the setup. You can see this on BGA when someone has taken a tile: the place is grey for a mine, blue for a ship and so on.

So the mine is alway placed at the "five" with one exception (according to the rules): "In the three-player game only, there is an exception for the dark green space in the No. 6 depot: In phases A, C and E a castle is placed onto it as normal, but in phases B and D a mine (grey) is placed there instead!"
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
starfruit

Re: Mines always on space five, sometimes six

Post by starfruit »

Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”