The game is constantly glitching. Is anyone else getting this?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lou1990lou

The game is constantly glitching. Is anyone else getting this?

Post by Lou1990lou »

Nearly every game I've played in the last couple of weeks has glitched once, if not twice. I choose a placement slot and a gem and it appears to record it, then all of a sudden it's like "nah, it's now your next turn".
When it's a normal game, that's one thing. When it's in the arena it can make a huge difference to your placement (i went from 4th to 19th the other day lol)

It seems to happen when
1) I'm using a wild token
2) I'm placing a wild/purple token on a purple slot
3) when I'm placing it on the card that allows me to put two gems onal another card.
Or a mix of the above.

I've seen a similar thing being posted on the bugs (and I've also done so myself)
Pittsburgh Mike

Re: The game is constantly glitching. Is anyone else getting this?

Post by Pittsburgh Mike »

Yes, this happens every game!
arisanana

Re: The game is constantly glitching. Is anyone else getting this?

Post by arisanana »

Interesting, I've never had it happen on those "bonus 2 gems to xx animus", but I've had it happen so many times I've lost count in arena otherwise.

I don't particularly pay attention to the exact situation leading up to it so IDK if it's due to placement at the exact same time or some other factor, BUT I do know that it happens at both real-time tables AND turn-based tables (esp. when both players happen to be on at the same time so it acts just like a 2 day time limit real-time game)

Hesitant to place the cause for this because theres also that other system error that goes GIANT RED BAR ACROSS THE TOP with some long text like "System error: [get me out of here] or [click here to reload] or ~something~" and then you have to reload to place your token (in the meantime the opponent has placed their token safely and is waiting for you). This is also annoying but since it's a system error not sure what they can or will do about it, and since it doesn't affect the game results it's honestly not that big of a deal. I bring this up because in the suggestions/bug reports sector someone once mentioned that same time placement could cause the placement bug, although I think it could have a hand in the red bar error too.

Just gonna link the bug report for this so future visitors can go vote for it: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=35374
For all such future readers, please vote for this so we can get more attention!! And do report any tables you've had this happen at and the situation if you can :)

Word of warning: the last addressed Via Magica bug report/suggestion is from over a year ago, so IDK if the dev(s) plan to do any more fixing......

Return to “Via Magica”