Why are SO MANY predominantly 2 lane tracks listed as 3 lanes?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
DrewZ

Why are SO MANY predominantly 2 lane tracks listed as 3 lanes?

Post by DrewZ »

This has been frustrating me for about a year, so thought I'd ask about it... there are several tracks in Rallyman that are called "3 Lane Tracks", but have just 2 lanes for 80-90% of the circuit. Only the straightaways are 3 lanes for a limited time, with the rest of the course being 2. And other tracks are barely 50/50 3-lanes. There are short, medium and long tracks that all fall in this pit.

These tracks are just lousy to play 5 or 6 players on, which for me is the best way to enjoy the game. As 1 car (typically the first or second to start the game) invariably ends up with a huge lead and cruises to the win with little trouble, while everyone else blocks and gets hung up with each other early in the first lap.

Here are just a couple examples I played turn-by-turn on today. So my question---why are so many of these called 3 lane tracks?

compte obelète

Re: Why are SO MANY predominantly 2 lane tracks listed as 3 lanes?

Post by compte obelète »

It calculate the startpoint number of lanes, as their startpoints are 3 lanes. But I agree it should be by percentage of the track of 3 or 2 lanes, or doing a new category of 3 and 2 lanes, meaning that any track whit at least 1 square of each will be counted, so Sweden GP will be one of those. Same for St-peterbourgh or one of the no-Extention defult track.

Return to “Rallyman: GT”