Final round question.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Muncho_UK

Final round question.

Post by Muncho_UK »

Hi.

I always thought the last round of the game was declared when the first player fills the first row of the board. However, had 2 games now where first row hasn't been filled and then the last round notice comes up about 2 or 3 turns before round end.

If it is 5 rounds total regardless of how many tiles in front row, is there anywhere that indicates what round number you are in? Lost both of these games when I thought at least another round was going to happen.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also, there is no tile in the single slot ready to be places on the board at the end of the round.
thoun

Re: Final round question.

Post by thoun »

The game ends after a round when a line is complete, not necesseraly the first one. It can be more than 5 rounds.

The "last round" banner should only appear on last round. With the variant, in particular situations, it might appear and then the game make the assumption of last round wrong, so the message in variant say it is not 100% sure it is last round.
If banner appeared too soon and it was not in variant, report a bug with table and move number.
Muncho_UK

Post by Muncho_UK »

Ah! Thankyou. I thought it only applied to the first row.
thoun

Post by thoun »

No, but as it is the easier to complete, it's often the one used to end the game ;)

Return to “Azul”