LITTLE FACTORY: Play BIG!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

LITTLE FACTORY: Play BIG!

Post by DrClick »

A bit of Splendor? a bit of Res Arcana?
Or just a good implementation of fine mechanisms?

It is up to you to judge!

Little Factory, first released as Goods Maker, is about a half-hour resource management and building construction card game for 2-4 players.

You arrive in the valley with just a few coins in your pocket. It is so rich in resources that you do not know where to start! Will these grains provide you bread or feed your cow? Beyond the wheat field, you can already imagine your mill turning with the wind.

Players increase their assets by processing resources into other resources, such as turning wood into boards or charcoal, or turning charcoal and flour into bread. If you increase your assets, you can build a building and use that building to acquire resources and victory points more quickly.

The more buildings players construct, the more actions that become available on future turns. On a turn, players take one of two actions:

- Production: Choose a resource card or building card in the production action area, and gain the item shown on it; or,
- Trade: Discard resource cards from your hand to acquire resource or building cards of the same value or less from the available cards.

In addition, players can use the effects of each building they own once per turn (including on the turn during which they were acquired). An example of a building effect is: exchanging a thread card in hand for cloth available in the play area. Chain together cards, buildings, and actions to create more victory points. The player who collects 10+ victory points first wins!

You can discover it here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=littlefactory

We would like to thank Iello, the publisher, for making this game available on Board Game Arena. The game designers, Shun Taguchi and Aya Taguchi, have done impressive work on this title, and we would like to thank them as well.
And as usual, last but not least, we would like to send our warmest thanks to stefano who developed it and made it available for all of you!

Don't be shy, there's a tutorial for you to learn, and it's easy as 1, 2, 3.
See you on Wednesday for another release!
Take care and play well.
MamaMedic

Re: LITTLE FACTORY: Play BIG!

Post by MamaMedic »

I am playing this currently, and I am super lost. I can’t seem to trade the right things in to upgrade. For ex, your card requires two woods for lumber. I have two woods in my hands, and yet for some reason, I cannot trade them in for lumber? The only way it seems to be working is if you have the coins to buy them? Am I missing something here?
ad_infinitum

Post by ad_infinitum »

totallyawesomefam wrote: 02 May 2022, 15:24 I have two woods in my hands, and yet for some reason, I cannot trade them in for lumber? The only way it seems to be working is if you have the coins to buy them? Am I missing something here?
You need to use produce to do this, rather than trade.
Cyraneika

Post by Cyraneika »

Is it normal that there is no timer counting down the turn time on this game in training mode? I'm currently stuck in a game with someone who is not playing but I can't skip their turn, because they're not out of time, because there is no time running :(
yoyote

Post by yoyote »

You can quit a training mode game without any penality
Blango

Post by Blango »

NOTE: I figured out what I was doing wrong. I did not realize that the item had to be on the table even when using a building. Now I dont know how to delete my post! :)

I currently have a building that transforms clay into bricks. I started my turn with the building, two clay, and one clew. Although the rules say you can first choose whether to activate your factory, I was unable to activate my factory by pressing it or the clay or trying other options Instead it only gave the choice of the buttons of either trade or produce. I choose to produce and obtained a cloth with the clew. The rules state you have the option of activating your factory at the end of your turn. Again it would not allow me to activate the factory. Instead it went straight to the next player after producing.

I am new, but it seems to be not working. Is there some special way of activating your factory? I have been able to activate my factory in other games but only intermittently. In some cases it appears to only work with newly produced items.

I had trouble finding the button to report a bug.

Table #266025315
Move #26
Progression 10%
Last edited by Blango on 09 May 2022, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Blango

Post by Blango »

I am having a similar problem at
Table #265743169
Move #79
Progression 20%

I started the turn with the building that makes milk if you show a cow and had a cow in my hand as well. I was unable to activate my building either at the beginning or end of the turn.
humblehelium

Post by humblehelium »

I'm having the same problem.

I'm trying to use my building to create Clew, with a sheep in my hand but it won't let me activate it, even though it's giving me the option to. There is a clew card on the table.

All I can do is pass.
Ronin Ronin

Post by Ronin Ronin »

Hi guys,some of you have trouble using the building to produce for you. I thought at a time same thing as you probably,that it's a bug.
But I believe it is related to rule of the game,which says you can have maximum 7 cards in your hand at any time. It will show you that building is available to use but it won't let you do it as long as you have your hand full.
Good luck and have fun all!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”