Opinion/discussion best conspiracies in full expansion 7WD

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
frankenStain

Opinion/discussion best conspiracies in full expansion 7WD

Post by frankenStain »

Hey there, wanted to start an discussion about what conspiracies are the best in 7WD agora+pantheon (i know, pure agora would be slightly different...).
Here is my personal list [if someone is interested i can argue/explain why i placed them there] - would also like to hear your opinions! :)
btw, ranking is about effectiveness AND consistency (as in some wonders might be great but very very rarely so - most of the conspiracies are somewhat situational, but for example the S tier ones are in it , because they are ultra deadly a lot of the time, and you can use them almost always good if you get them soon enough (even in suboptimal settings..))

Have fun! ;) :

Edit:
1st note: I should have cleared up that I do NOT take into account how easy or hard it is to play specific cards ideally/with most impact - I just assume a top tier level of player (but it might be fun to rank this cards in "hardness to play good"; but this seems quite useless, just fun)

2nd note: when I made (and when Ill make future ) rankings to this game, I thought about it (mostly) as a deformed bell curve per card in the dimensions "how good/deadly it is" x "how often/in how many games (if almost ideally used) it has that effect/potential" - this averages out as a tier RELATIVE to the other options in that class of actions (not comparing gods with conspiracies....)

3rd note: in tiers the cards are unsorted/of the same value approximatly (in a general sense, in special situations it WILL be different)
Last edited by frankenStain on 02 May 2022, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
michaelHastriter

Re: Opinion/discussion best conspiracies in full expansion 7WD

Post by michaelHastriter »

Ok... I'll bite. I think your #1 S Tier should be lower (huge setup just to kill an influence cube, place one, and move one.)

Blackmail should be S Tier

The trade green / blue card should be D Tier. Maybe deny a science win, but now you gave your opponent a progress token

I do agree with most of this list and glad you put Coup in A Tier. What a surprise attack!

Check out this video detailing my own breakdown --> https://youtu.be/FSyoa1bg5ik
frankenStain

Re: Opinion/discussion best conspiracies in full expansion 7WD

Post by frankenStain »

let me argue why I put (I really need to learn the names-.-) the diplomacy conspiracy as one of the S-Tiers: It's a suprise winning card, just as coup, just more versatile and more deadly. It can very spontaniously give you an andavantage your opponent didnt account for , per token(s) you can get (+2 blue and black replay and military are the really deadly ones, +2 coins for discarded might also be great...). The worst case for this card is getting points of which you should get 7-8 at the end...

why exchanging green/blue is in C-Tier: its not too often useful, but when it is it may win or save you the game (changing a double green card to your opponent and getting 6 set [if he aimed to buying away your cards or was aiming for the round tokens]; OR changing greens so he cant make his set full (using ideally a card you got nisaba on ;) ) ). Worst case for this card are also points, a lot of them - I would expect 8-9, but at max 11 points (changing 3 against 7 and pushing useless cube to 3 points chamber).

yeah blackmail... its neat if you get it to work at start of age 2 - the point is that you will get an slight edge coins wise vs being (way) behind there, in the BEST case - this can give you options you opponent didnt see (in key situations), this can take options from your opponent in a key situation, aaaannnd more gods or at least points in the end... why I rated it that comperetavly low: it is NEVER top tier, its very rare to be great, but its ALWAYS quite solid, and even more so if you had problems buying yellow cards or have immense economic pressure. (btw in pure agora it CAN be top tier with the money guild ^^[because that is game deciding]) -- last idea to this, try to steal more than 12 coins ;)

also, I should have cleared up that I do NOT take into account how easy or hard it is to play specific cards ideally/with most impact - I just assume a top tier level of player (but it might be fun to rank this cards in "hardness to play good"; but this seems quite useless, just fun)

2nd note: when I made (and when Ill make future ) rankings to this game, I thought about it (mostly) as a diformed bell curve per card in the dimensions "how good/deadly it is"x"how often/in how many games (if almost idealy used) it has that effect/potential" - this averages out as a tier RELATIVE to the other options in that class of actions (not comparing gods with conspiracies....)

3rd note: in tiers the cards are unsorted/of the same value approximatly (in a general sense, in special situations it WILL be different)

PS: a link to the other player's BGA account (Zion) would be nice ;)
PPS: to your video, Zeus is underrated :D (not that rarerly a deciding card [if he survives to age 3], but the hardest god to use) --- also fun how different our lists are, awesome! :)
--- more notes to your vid. you dont take green cards in both expansions if you dont aim for a science win very specificly or got some awesome token in the middle;
PPPS: maybe I overrated property fraud, on 10th thought :D - but its most use is in age 2.., and IF you are going for science OR war win it has very decent chances, even in age 3 to be the top/deadly/deciding card. (like 30-35% if I remember correctly [having 1 out of 4/5 on any of that 2 slots{(2+3+4)*2+5+3 cards -> 1-((1-4/26)*(1-4/25)) ..for science 29%, for military 35%}]

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”