Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by DrClick »

Howdy, pardner!
"I don't hate my fellow man, even when he's tiresome and surly and tries to cheat at poker. I figure that's just a human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better."

For sure, with 30 nominations worldwide and more than 10 awards, the Great Western Trail is a big deal. This is no dog that won't hunt.

Wanna go for a ride?

As a Texan rancher in the 19th century, you regularly drive your cattle to Kansas City, from where you ship them across the United States. Take care of your cattle, surround yourself with a competent team, optimize your route while avoiding the many traps that litter this great transhumance and you will become the best rancher in the West.
GREAT WESTERN TRAIL will please experienced players. Numerous strategies served by subtle mechanics make each action decisive and promise a different experience with each new game.

Is it worth diving into the rules? Discover it yourself by clicking here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... sterntrail

If you cleverly manage your herd and navigate the opportunities and pitfalls of Great Western Trail, you surely will gain the most victory points and win the game.
The ace-high team behind this wonderful game are the game designer, Alexander Pfister, and the fellows from the Eggertspiel publisher team.
Not forgetting the developer, docthib, who managed to port this game right to Board Game Arena, and deserves our thanks and respect for it.

And the expansions?
If you select the 1st edition of the game, you will be able to enhance your game with the "Rails to the North" expansion.
There are no other expansions at the moment, but let's see what the future holds...

That's all for today, cowhands.
The sun is setting on this wobblin' jaw post.

So see y'all at next weeks release.
Until then... remember you ain't a lonesome tenderfoot on BGA...
bananasplay

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by bananasplay »

DrClick wrote: 04 May 2022, 10:38 Not forgetting the developer, docthib, who managed to port this game right to Board Game Arena, and deserves our thanks and respect for it.
GWT is one of my all-time favourite games, and I had very high standards for what I expected out of an online implementation anywhere. docthib met those expectations right out of the gate when I encountered the game in Alpha, with a far more polished, solid, and resource-unintensive implementation than many games that ultimately are released out of Beta—not to Beta, out of Beta to full release.

On top of this, he was incredibly receptive to suggestions for further improvements (no matter how small!), which has been a breath of fresh air. Truly very easy to work with and friendly and courteous in his communication. So, my public kudos and thanks to him for all of the above!

I've no doubt that will be enjoying this implementation for months to come!
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Rover451

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by Rover451 »

What's new in the game? As I remember the game's been on BGA before.
vre

Post by vre »

Great game and all, but... where is Flanders?
Ehrine

Post by Ehrine »

vre wrote: 04 May 2022, 13:16 Great game and all, but... where is Flanders?
Have a closer look at the mountain in the middle
blockmonoid

Post by blockmonoid »

Flanders was tough to find. Had to shine a light to find him :-P
Andy_P

Post by Andy_P »

Rover451 wrote: 04 May 2022, 13:15 What's new in the game? As I remember the game's been on BGA before.
It is no longer in beta, so arena mode is now enabled.
Pickle_Of_Doom

Post by Pickle_Of_Doom »

One of my all-time favorite games! It's amazing to see it on BGA.
LenB

Post by LenB »

Great game and ace implementation here on BGA!
HollyAGrnwoodtree

Post by HollyAGrnwoodtree »

OMGG How Exciting, one of my TOP FAVS :

Return to “Official announcements [en]”