Halicarnassus

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Kau the Lion

Halicarnassus

Post by Kau the Lion »

Did the rules change in 2nd edition or is this wonder not working as intended. I was under the impression that if you build your wonder on the 6th turn of an age that you have all the cards discarded at the end of that age to choose from but that is not the case on BGA.
Syl20rrr

Re: Halicarnassus

Post by Syl20rrr »

Hi,
You are right and it works well.
If you send the game number, i can check what happened.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Kau the Lion wrote: 25 December 2021, 04:45 Did the rules change in 2nd edition or is this wonder not working as intended. I was under the impression that if you build your wonder on the 6th turn of an age that you have all the cards discarded at the end of that age to choose from but that is not the case on BGA.
That IS the rule and it DOES happen on BGA
Kau the Lion

Post by Kau the Lion »

frogstar_A wrote: 02 January 2022, 00:44
Kau the Lion wrote: 25 December 2021, 04:45 Did the rules change in 2nd edition or is this wonder not working as intended. I was under the impression that if you build your wonder on the 6th turn of an age that you have all the cards discarded at the end of that age to choose from but that is not the case on BGA.
The card that the player playing Halicarnassus discards at the end of the age should also be included in the selection of cards but it seems to stay in your hand until after you pick which card to build.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Kau the Lion wrote: 08 January 2022, 04:19
The card that the player playing Halicarnassus discards at the end of the age should also be included in the selection of cards but it seems to stay in your hand until after you pick which card to build.
How can you both discard a card and build a Hali stage in the same turn? You can do one or the other.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

RicardoRix wrote: 08 January 2022, 09:11
Kau the Lion wrote: 08 January 2022, 04:19

How can you both discard a card and build a Hali stage in the same turn? You can do one or the other.
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the last round of the age, when you have 2 cards. You take an action with one, and discard the other. In these circumstances, if you've got Halicarnassus and build a wonder stage with one of the cards, so you get to look through the discard pile for a card to build, those discards are supposed to include not just the card you just discarded, but all other players' end of age discards too.

I don't recall having played this wonder on BGA yet in order to test, but I'd be surprised if BGA gets this wrong. It would surely have been reported many times - there generally aren't enough discards to make the B side of this wonder useful unless you get to choose from all the end of age discards, particularly in Age 3.
Last edited by robinzig on 08 January 2022, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

well maybe it's just an interface thing, were the 'other' card that gets discarded will appear in both the discard selection and still in your hand.
caiopsoares

Post by caiopsoares »

robinzig wrote: 08 January 2022, 10:23 there generally aren't enough discards to make the B side of this wonder useful unless you get to choose from all the end of age discards, particularly in Age 3.
Hali B is statistically the best Wonder.
cowboy_dan

Post by cowboy_dan »

RicardoRix wrote: 08 January 2022, 10:33 well maybe it's just an interface thing, were the 'other' card that gets discarded will appear in both the discard selection and still in your hand.
Yes, this happens.

Return to “7 Wonders”