Any way to withdraw an auction offer? I mixed up "reduce VP by x" with "set VP to x".

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Affensohn

Any way to withdraw an auction offer? I mixed up "reduce VP by x" with "set VP to x".

Post by Affensohn »

At table 265299680, I tried an auction for factions for the very first time.
When trying to nerf player 1's choice cultists, I said I would play them for 35 VP.
But after giving that offer, it shows I'd be willing to play them for 5 VP. Which is crazy!

Any way to withdraw that? The others at the table will understand such a faux-pas!
RicardoRix

Re: Any way to withdraw an auction offer? I mixed up "reduce VP by x" with "set VP to x".

Post by RicardoRix »

The short answer is no, there isn't a way. :shock:

I'd say you have 1 of 2 options,
You could ask the table to restart explaining your error.
Just let it go as an learning experience, and don't worry if you lose. Pretend you get 20VP more.
Affensohn

Re: Any way to withdraw an auction offer? I mixed up "reduce VP by x" with "set VP to x".

Post by Affensohn »

Would be bad if nobody wanted to pick Fakirs but then would have to.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Well, that's why there's an auction system.
Affensohn

Post by Affensohn »

Will have a look at it next time, seeing if it could be worded more clearly or if it was just me being too stupid.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

We all make mistakes...
If you think that no-one wants Fakirs, then maybe the price of the clans will come down closer to your 5VP.

Return to “Terra Mystica”