Rapid Healing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Acewhatever

Rapid Healing

Post by Acewhatever »

There's an absolutely godawful revision to Rapid Healing's text in the Dark Edition that says you can prevent yourself from hitting 0 health. This implies that as long as you have energy you can take however much damage you need to die then just pay 2 cubes to sit on 1 health.

I haven't encountered it in my BGA games yet and I don't have access to the 2nd edition text of it. Is that how it's implemented in BGA? Because that would make it stupidly broken. A half-price Wings/Energy-based Zombie hybrid that can't be stolen without Parasitic Tentacles is bad for game balance when you already have crap like Jets & Wings.
thoun

Re: Rapid Healing

Post by thoun »

I've never noticed this difference in text, but as I understand it the added sentence is just a hint and it doesn't change the rule.
Acewhatever

Post by Acewhatever »

So since the beginning the card would let you for example eat 5+ damage at 5 or less health and rather than die you can just pay 2 cubes to be at 1 health?
thoun

Post by thoun »

No, since the beginning you can heal 1 heart by paying 2 energy.
For me, the hint say : don't forget to use it if you're about to die ! (BGA version propose it automatically). But no matter if you're about to die or not, 2 energy only give you 1 heart.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Once you hit 0, you're dead. (exception Zombie, It has a Child, …).

But when you have 2 Health, have 6 Energy, and are about to be hit with 4 Damage, you have a fraction of time before damage hits to pump up your health to 5, so you survive the 4 damage attack.
Same reasoning goes for Cultist Tiles.

It does leave me with a small conundrum in a very highly unlikely scenario. If the particular Curse Card(I should learn their names) is in effect that makes Players Max Health 8, and the player somehow can raise his attack to say 9 attack(Roll all claws+Extra Head²+Mimic+Acid Attack+Spike Tale+Burrowing+Urbavore+Berzerk Die+Fire Breathing+Devil, you could get up to 15 Claws that way and cause 17 damage), and the victim has full health at 8. Can that victim still heal some "above the max health" to survive that major attack if they have sufficient Energy/Cultists?

I think it shouldn't, personal opinion, once a Player pulls of an attack like that, he deserves to win.
thoun

Post by thoun »

As you heal before damage, and it's not a "cancel damage" card, you can't go over your max health.

Return to “King of Tokyo”