Reshuffle?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nccc

Reshuffle?

Post by nccc »

I dont know if I should reshuffle or not.
I didnt memorize the numbers, so maybe that doesnt matter?
:shock:
nccc

Re: Reshuffle?

Post by nccc »

Any idea/ strategy/ suggestion ?
:?:
coolpapa

Post by coolpapa »

I have the same question. People seem to reshuffle ALL the time and I don't really know why. If you are going for, say, a Park-heavy strategy, and you have seen lots of parks already, reshuffling to put them back into play sooner makes sense. But I don't know if there is some reason to always reshuffle, as often seems to be done on this site.
nccc

Post by nccc »

people tends to use their RIGHT instead of abandon it?
XDD
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

This is a very good point. People feel like they have the power to do something but really it is just as powerful sometimes to NOT excercise that right!
Silene

Post by Silene »

I shuffle because of incompetence. I don't count any cards. But my opponnent might have. So when I shuffle I take away from them the knowledge advance they might have from counting :D
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
postmans

Post by postmans »

If real time/not tracking card: Look which type of cards come next turn. Are they good for what you want? Then no reshuffle otherwise reshuffle.
Turn based when I track cards I try to reshuffle a bit less, but consider mostly the distribution of both numbers and types and in whose favor it is more.
PapaBabaWawa

Post by PapaBabaWawa »

Is there any way to tell if an opponent reshuffled? I always ask but generally I don't get a response. I don't see it in the feed on the right either. As a player that counts the cards it would be helpful to know if the cards got reshuffled or not. I feel like it should be known to everyone since there's no way to hide it if we were playing irl.
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

The UI shows you remaining cards in the deck, so that would usually work, but you'd have to pay attention. There's no log for it?
bradyguy

Post by bradyguy »

Yes. The game log declares if the "first player to complete a plan" has asked for reshuffling of the deck.

The assumption, of course, is that if the game log does NOT say that...they did NOT ask for a reshuffling.

So when you see a player complete the first plan, immediately check the game log.

Additionally, the UI shows the remaining cards in each deck. Since any reshuffling MAY only take place after the first plan is completed, this will usually be about 9 - 13 cards into the deck. IF you see that number reset to 26, then that player HAS reshuffled...if the number is around 10 - 15, there was NO reshuffle.

OF COURSE, the deck is ALWAYS reshuffled after all 78 pairs of cards have been "dealt"...unless the plan situation and somebody's play are nearly perfect. I've yet to see it happen....but I'm guessing it does...

Return to “Welcome To”