Occupation variants

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kindadda

Occupation variants

Post by kindadda »

Is there an explanation about A,B,C occupations you can choose under variants?
Ranior

Re: Occupation variants

Post by Ranior »

The original game seperated out the occupation cards in to decks labeled A, B, and C. As far as I can tell, there is no real good reason for this.

Mostly the A deck is supposed to have slightly easier to understand cards, although I think the differences between decks are pretty minor.

I suspect most players in home games just mix them all together and completely forget about what deck has what cards. But given that is the way the game is published, that is what is implemented on BGA.

You can pick whatever deck options you want, I assume using all decks will be the overwhelmingly standard option though.
Ehrine

Post by Ehrine »

Deck A doesn't contain any of the "As soon as..." occupation cards, which makes things a little simpler. Admittedly a digital tabletop will keep track of that for you, making it a non-issue, but when playing for the first time otherwise it's an extra complication that is in many ways better avoided.
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

Ehrine wrote: 09 February 2022, 16:54 Deck A doesn't contain any of the "As soon as..." occupation cards, which makes things a little simpler. Admittedly a digital tabletop will keep track of that for you, making it a non-issue, but when playing for the first time otherwise it's an extra complication that is in many ways better avoided.
"As soon as..." occupation cards" What are you referring to? Can you give some specific names of cards?
KeithHendricks

Post by KeithHendricks »

“As soon as” cards are described on page 22 of the rule book. They are cards with a green background, and you get their benefit once you’ve accomplished a specific goal in the game. However, as the rules state, sometimes the goal is already met when you play the card. Such as playing Boat Builder when you already have four large ships means you get the two whaling ships immediately.

Specifically, there are only six of these, and they include 178 B, 179 B, 180 C, 181 C, 182 C, and 189 B.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”