players needed for VERY FAST TURN-BASED GAMES

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
leanrascal

players needed for VERY FAST TURN-BASED GAMES

Post by leanrascal »

A friend and myself are looking for fast-playing reliable players for Carcassonne, for
VERY FAST TURN-BASED GAMES
We're tired of having to skip other players turns!
Game speed: 24 moves per day
Playing hours: around 7:00 - 19:00 UTC (he's in France, I'm in the UK)
We will be trying out various expansions, then mix two or more. We'll see how things pan out.

Who's interested?
euklid314

Re: players needed for VERY FAST TURN-BASED GAMES

Post by euklid314 »

Why do you not play real time games? A turn-based game with 24 moves per day (i.e. 2 moves per hour during daytime 7:00-19:00) means that you have to check at least every 15 minutes if you opponent has played a move. And that all day long.

You will only manage this time control by checking very frequently for 12 hours a day (!) or if all players are online at the same time and play several moves real time. Then, why not play real time in the first place?
leanrascal

Post by leanrascal »

euklid314 wrote: 20 May 2022, 10:39 Why do you not play real time games?
OK. So basically I am virtually unable to play a live game, because I never know how much free time I have ahead of me. It could be 30 seconds, a minute, 5 minutes, anything up to 20 minutes I reckon, but be it at home with the family and kids and deliveries and chores, be it at work in IT for the Health Service with calls coming in, users requiring urgent assistance, boss needing a piece of information, I never have more than a few minutes. But every few minutes I DO have time to make a move or 3. I never check BGA. I get an alert which tells me it's my turn to play, I click on the link and it takes me straight to the table. I constantly play about 10-12 fast turn-based games. But unable to play a single live game. I know a few people in the same position. For people with responsibilities and busy lifestyles, fast turn-based games rule.
I hope this answered your question and clarified my position.
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

Thanks for clarification. Hope you will find your playing partners!

Return to “Carcassonne”