Are there (/should there be) any other conditions to end the game?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
LizardPotato

Are there (/should there be) any other conditions to end the game?

Post by LizardPotato »

I seem to be trapped in an arena game currently where both players (myself included) are refusing to take any more cards. Me, because I have the special building that means I want to finish the game on fewer than 9 cards, them because... of the exacty same reason, they want me to take more cards because of my special building.

We've so far amassed about a hundred coins each.

Is this just going to go on until one of us gives up or the arena season ends?
sorryimlikethis

Re: Are there (/should there be) any other conditions to end the game?

Post by sorryimlikethis »

That would seem to be an oversight in the rules. What they should have is the end game triggered when one of the stacks of cards runs out. Whether that would automatically be coded into BGA I'm not sure, I doubt it though.

For your game in particular - your opponent should buy any building that gives 3 hearts and they will have an uncatchable lead. I don't really know why they haven't yet. I think your best bet is to buy a 3 heart building and at least make them play for the win. If you get the 3 hearts you will force them to buy a 10th card or you'll just finish the game and win. If they get 3 hearts they win anyway. If not, you win.
LizardPotato

Post by LizardPotato »

I was hoping that the stacks running out might trigger the end game - but they just shuffled and we started drawing from them again! Thanks for your reply, though!
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

LizardPotato wrote: 16 May 2022, 20:32 I was hoping that the stacks running out might trigger the end game - but they just shuffled and we started drawing from them again! Thanks for your reply, though!
Well done on your win ;)
LizardPotato

Post by LizardPotato »

Haha, thanks! I think your post eventually made me brave enough to give it a go. :P

Return to “Happy City”