Score slot bonus

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
clovallo

Score slot bonus

Post by clovallo »

Can someone explain the score slot bonus to me? The heart seems to move up and down randomly, what is causing it to change (and to what)? And how is it scored? I thought it was if the actual (after bonus/penalty) number of points scored for the vine matched the number, then you got the bonus. But in my last game, I swear that my opponent got the bonus without a match. Am I missing something important? I tried reading the rules, but they are quite bad actually, and the tutorial was unclear.
sorryimlikethis

Re: Score slot bonus

Post by sorryimlikethis »

The score slot bonus gives you points for matching the dice number with the vine number. So if you put a 1 dice in your first completed vine you get 1+6, if you put a 2 in your second completed vine you get 2+5 and so on. This gives you incentive to use lower numbers instead of just completing vines of 5 and 6 only.

This is unrelated to the hearts on the left side of your board which is karma. Everyone starts with 3 hearts/karma. You can either keep them for points at the end (1 point for 2 hearts) or spend them to change dice results (1 heart to reroll a dice, 2 hearts to make +1 or -1 etc). You can hold a maximum of 6 hearts at the end of your turn.

You gain karma by helping other players finish their vines. If you finish an opponent's vine of value 4 then you get +4 hearts.
Any time you place a dice on an opponent's vine you get a heart piece (you can see them underneath your name on the scoreboard) and 3 heart pieces = 1 heart. I think you should get a little more for doing this but that's how it works.
agrypelago

Post by agrypelago »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 24 May 2022, 06:03 ...
You gain karma by helping other players finish their vines. If you finish an opponent's vine of value 4 then you get +4 hearts.
Any time you place a dice on an opponent's vine you get a heart piece (you can see them underneath your name on the scoreboard) and 3 heart pieces = 1 heart. I think you should get a little more for doing this but that's how it works.
Hi!
You can try the Karma Mega Overload option, the in Selective Rules, which gives you a full heart for each die you place or pass to another player. :)
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

agrypelago wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:14
sorryimlikethis wrote: 24 May 2022, 06:03 ...
Hi!
You can try the Karma Mega Overload option, the in Selective Rules, which gives you a full heart for each die you place or pass to another player. :)
Oh, nice! I'll give that a go

Return to “Diced Tomatoes”