Win only last trick and 2 rockets

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Romain672

Win only last trick and 2 rockets

Post by Romain672 »

Hi world,
This situation happen in normal crew mission 50 too.
You have 2 rockets, how high do you rank this task?
How do you communicate you got 2 rockets?

How you rank it if you got only s2/s3, and what do you communicate?

As another player, do you trump to 'discard' your subs?
robinzig

Re: Win only last trick and 2 rockets

Post by robinzig »

You're right, you can't communicate anything about your rockets. That's just one of the fundamental features of the game.

We need far more information that you give us to judge what to do. How many players are there? What position are we in when giving our opinion as to whether to take the first 4 or just the last or neither? If not first, what have the others said? What the hell else is in our hand other than those 2 rockets? Which 2 rockets are they?

I'm unlikely to volunteer for just the last trick if I have 2 rockets - but unless it's the 4 and 3 it's definitely possible. This is a tough mission (of course it is, it's the last one), and there's very rarely an "obvious" way for the team to play - it's all down to good judgement and good communication, like everything else in this game. As to how to exercise that in a specific situation - well if I know the situation, I'll give my opinion, but you don't tell us nearly enough about it for me to be able to do that.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Also, why have you posted this question about "original" The Crew (as you yourself say, also there is no Mission 50 in Deep Sea) on the forum for Deep Sea?
Ankeszu

Post by Ankeszu »

Curious. There are so many options. Also considering the hands, other tasks, who sits where etc.
But, basically (rather disregarding other tasks):

If I have 1s+2s / 1s+3s / 2s+3s
I would immediately show my shortest color*, and expect a captain (or another player with high sub) mark his length in this color. The moment after that marked card is out, next trick in this color == sub out. If played card is not out until the end, you need t look for another color, or hope another player has high sub to beat yours.
(I do assume if you have 1 sub, you don't have to speed your comm. Although it might be *tricky if you have single 8/9 as shortest color - as you need to avoid earlier tricks...)

If I have 4s + one more sub(1/2):
I immediately comm my shortest color, and start first trick in that. The person with 3sub should react, as in case above.

If I am someone else and the person with this task (tasker) commed immediately:
If I have 1sub: I keep it till the end
If I have 2sub: I keep it until the moment the tasker discards his 1s, and see if 4sub/3sub is out in this trick. If not and the tasker is captain, I can take this trick with 2sub.
If I have 1+2 sub:
...and the person with the task is the capt: I get rid of my subs, unless a person with 3 sub discards theirs earlier, then I keep one till the end.
...and the person with the task is not the capt: I get rid of one sub asap, possibly in 4s-taken trick.
If I have 1+2+3sub: ...argh. At least it is clear, get rid of two of them asap
If I have 3s and player with the task is not the captain: I keep it until 4s is to be in the trick.
If I have 1+3s: I try to take 2sub in the color suggested by the tasker. If I know its impossible, I try to show (by comm or taking play) what color is better for it.
If I have 23sub (and tasker is cpt): I try to take 1sub in the color suggested by the tasker. If I know its impossible, I try to show (by comm or taking play) what color is better for it.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

robinzig wrote: 06 June 2022, 20:50I'm unlikely to volunteer for just the last trick if I have 2 rockets
This is the point I want to talk about. I personnally put high priority on it. Maybe 70%+.
robinzig wrote: 06 June 2022, 20:53 Also, why have you posted this question about "original" The Crew (as you yourself say, also there is no Mission 50 in Deep Sea) on the forum for Deep Sea?
Both crew game can have this situation arise so...
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

I finally get all my logic with it. Here is what I believe now (for deep sea):
- no comm = i have two subs
- someone seem to comm specifiquely for your task (per example p5 solo as commander), comm the opposite (per example pink low, to tell something happening is wrong)
- you have one sub = comm a solo low card to tell a problem is going on, and it's about subs
- you have one sub & a strong color = commit on one of those either early, or during mid game. Don't keep your comm until the very end except if you got the second highest sub and want commander to get rid of s4

At best, you want someone which isn't commander to play 4/5 turns in the same color to make commander and the player who wanna win last trick play a sub during the same turn, but that's not always possible.

That's all :)

Return to “The Crew: Mission Deep Sea”