Duration - how long does it take?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JusterGame

Duration - how long does it take?

Post by JusterGame »

I haven't really tried at BGA yet, having thus far only spent time trying to undertstand it out of the box.
So, how long might a game last online a BGA?
(and does BGA provide sandwiches?)
Jest Phulin

Re: Duration - how long does it take?

Post by Jest Phulin »

My most recent experience playing live, with 4 players (at least one of which was new to Viticulture, but experienced with other worker placements) took about 2.5-3 hours. The computer handling the interface might speed it up slightly, but probably not significantly (except for the year-end maintenance of aging grapes/wine, which can be tricky).

I do not play games live on BGA, so cannot advise on what it is.

I could throw out the answer of "25 minutes or so" and let Cunningham's Law take effect... :)

One bit of advice -- don't trust how far people are to 20 points to determine how far the game has progressed. Early years provide very few points compared to later years. 10 points is about 2/3 of the way through the game, 15 points is nearing completion. At least in my experience.
Last edited by Jest Phulin on 20 August 2021, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

JusterGame wrote: 20 August 2021, 15:49 I haven't really tried at BGA yet, having thus far only spent time trying to undertstand it out of the box.
So, how long might a game last online a BGA?
(and does BGA provide sandwiches?)
My games have taken 15-20 minutes per person, but have been limited in number so far, and mostly with new people. Extrapolating this is 30-40 minutes for a 2 player game, 45-60 for 3 player, 60-90 for 4 player
Goof_

Post by Goof_ »

My most recent game of two players took just over an hour, my opponent played slow though and took 40+ minutes of thinking time whereas I only took 20+. I was new to the game so I think saying 20-25 minutes a person is fair

Return to “Viticulture”