Oasis Recover

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Divadov

Oasis Recover

Post by Divadov »

How can recover units in oasis?
LordBeric

Re: Oasis Recover

Post by LordBeric »

Activate unit with card and do nothin with it.
Should not be adjacent to enemy units.
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

Recovery don't works, I have activated an armor in oasis, I don't have moved neither attack and nothing happened.

Table 276256157
Remty

Post by Remty »

I think that this game option isn't implemented for now (there's a red dot in terrain description for this feature)
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

Thanks Remty.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Remty wrote: 23 June 2022, 17:21 I think that this game option isn't implemented for now (there's a red dot in terrain description for this feature)
It is implemented, red dot just means it's a special property of this tile whereas black dot refers to the terrain in general
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

And how works? I can't recover units.
Remty

Post by Remty »

It is implemented, red dot just means it's a special property of this tile whereas black dot refers to the terrain in general
My bad, I wasn't sure for the red dot. :oops:

Good to know that it's implemented, though !
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Divadov wrote: 24 June 2022, 00:12 And how works? I can't recover units.
Order the unit, and during the move phase click on the unit and select heal instead of moving it (since you can't move and heal).
diamant

Post by diamant »

Tisaac wrote: 24 June 2022, 12:53
Divadov wrote: 24 June 2022, 00:12 And how works? I can't recover units.
Order the unit, and during the move phase click on the unit and select heal instead of moving it (since you can't move and heal).
This procedure seems to me to conflict with the logic of Memoir 44 rules, if not with the rules themselves.

Indeed, the recovery of units is already possible with the command card Medics & Mechanics, for all scenarios and not only those with a special rule concerning Oasis or Hospital, and this recovery occurs during the combat phase.

An ordered unit that is in an oasis and does not move always has the opportunity to battle. There is no reason to force the player manipulating this unit to choose between caring for his unit and combat during the movement phase. Because this choice may depend on the results of the battles of other units also ordered during the turn.

Rolling dice in the movement phase is limited to certain terrain effects such as those of mines and frozen rivers.
Applying care in the oasis in the phase of movement therefore seems to me to be both restrictive and anti-ergonomic.
Therefore, I ask you to correct this and to provide for the recovery of units for care in the oasis only during the combat phase, thus possibly after other units have battled or carried out other special actions. Same with Hospital recovery

Return to “Memoir 44”