Question: What is a balaced rule set which uses the white werewolf?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pierre_Bezemer

Question: What is a balaced rule set which uses the white werewolf?

Post by Pierre_Bezemer »

Hello all,

I'm interested in a set of characters which uses the white werewolf, but I'm not sure which set is balanced.
Does any of you have some experience with such a rule set?
ZanaFromMars

Re: Question: What is a balaced rule set which uses the white werewolf?

Post by ZanaFromMars »

Hello there,

It really depends on the experience your players have : with non regular players a few more special cards are required but if you have experienced players too much special roles make the game really unbalanced towards werewolves.

I would advise with white werewolf the set for 12 players : (beginner) hunter, pyromaniac, raven and (experienced) hunter and pyromaniac.

Cupid could be a good idea but sadly there is a bug on the site that makes it impossible for a couple werewolf/white werewolf to win the game, hence making it almost impossible to play with cupid. One solution that has been found is to tell all players that cupid must put themselves in love. This way the couple werewolf/white werewolf can never happen. If cupid is added, raven or hunter can be removed.

The thief is optional but also comes with a bug : if thief chooses not to exchange their card and cupid is not enabled, a time count for cupid will appear for a few seconds, advising every players that the thief did not exchange his card and is thus in the village team. Two ways of going around this bug are currently used : if cupid is in game, the bug will not occur, and if cupid is not you must tell all the players that the thief must exchange their cards no matter what happens.

I hope this helps, good games to you !

Return to “The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow”