Reputation/karma

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
fastphil

Reputation/karma

Post by fastphil »

I have played a number of king of Tokyo games where I have been unable to take my go (even after I have selected or pressed the correct button)

I tried refreshing (as it advises) but I just get frozen out of my go, my timer then runs out or I fail to reconnect (not my fault)

I then lose karma/reputation because of this. How do I get this back as obviously it’s not my fault this is happening
Meeplelowda

Re: Reputation/karma

Post by Meeplelowda »

fastphil wrote: 26 June 2022, 20:20 I have played a number of king of Tokyo games where I have been unable to take my go (even after I have selected or pressed the correct button)

I tried refreshing (as it advises) but I just get frozen out of my go, my timer then runs out or I fail to reconnect (not my fault)

I then lose karma/reputation because of this. How do I get this back as obviously it’s not my fault this is happening
I'm sorry this happened to you. You get it back by playing games without incident at one point per game. BGA doesn't have the resources to investigate every instance of someone saying they lost karma because of x, y, or z reason that wasn't their fault. Karma will get globally restored if there was a system-wide outage at a certain time.
voriki

Re: Reputation/karma

Post by voriki »

Sorry to hear
fastphil wrote: 26 June 2022, 20:20 to take my go
What is your go? Your turn?
fastphil wrote: 26 June 2022, 20:20 I tried refreshing (as it advises) but I just get frozen out of my go, my timer then runs out or I fail to reconnect (not my fault)
Good that you tried refreshing.
fastphil wrote: 26 June 2022, 20:20 it’s not my fault this is happening
Now, I'm going to try not to fall into victim blaming, but what steps have you taken to ensure the problem isn't on your end? The problem is either on your end or on BGA's end.
Did you always try 1 single browser, or did you switch after the problem occured multiple times? Did you try another device?
It could be a local setting, a cookie problem, a memory cache problem...these are all on your end.
I honestly doubt the problem is at BGA's end.

Concerning karma, don't worry about it, it gets regained quickly, +1 karma for each finished game without any timeouts etc... but that also means you gotta play some games, and make sure you fix your problems.

Loss of ELO, that's a different matter, and that's gone. That can also only be regained by playing more games and obviously winning. There cannot be anything returned to you, the system doesn't work like that. Even if the problem resided at BGA's server.

Return to “Discussions”