Too slow, too much confirmation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wicksweff

Too slow, too much confirmation

Post by Wicksweff »

4 player game with "Real-time • Fast speed"
Took 91 minutes, and no player was being particularly slow.

Would love to see another game option to turn off all confirmations.

Not only do they slow things down, but they're annoying.
lordalx

Re: Too slow, too much confirmation

Post by lordalx »

You can go to the preferences settings (top right corner) to fasten animation and remove confirmation if they are not required for you
MoFarbs

Post by MoFarbs »

Totally agreed; gameplay is horrible with 5-second confirmations at every step for every player. Even if you skip yours, others don't. I adore catan but it's unplayable in this format.
nicotacotac

Post by nicotacotac »

Agree, it makes games waaayy too long and breaks thé dynamic.

But it's beter to post a suggestion on bug report system than here. I let you do it ;) thx
hlfblkghst

Post by hlfblkghst »

I would like more time to confirm when I want to roll the dice, and less time confirming trades. When it comes to dice rolls, the game currently feels the like a slot machine that automatically spins for me after I've confirmed I've placed money into it. I know I'm going to lose but at least give me some sense of control over my losing dice rolls.

In other words, the game currently feels as though the game is deciding when it will roll for me because there isn't enough time given to click the confirm dice roll button. It currently feels as though each roll just happens and has taken away whatever sense of "control" I have felt over these rolls.

In lieu of this, I must say This is a beautiful port of the physical board game. Thank you for the hard work your team has placed in developing this port.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

MoFarbs wrote: 23 June 2022, 21:38 Totally agreed; gameplay is horrible with 5-second confirmations at every step for every player. Even if you skip yours, others don't. I adore catan but it's unplayable in this format.
I agree with this. The problem is it's not like no one thought of this before. Here are topics of suggestions during development that were explicitly rejected (as opposed to merely ignored or otherwise not acted on):
No need to confirm Pass
No ask confirmation after pass
Stop adding more confirmation buttons
So it was a conscious decision to keep the gameplay this clunky and slow. Given that this was already considered, I doubt the devs are going to change their minds on the subject all of a sudden.

I've played twice and the unnecessary and/or unnecessarily slow confirmations at every step detract from the enjoyment of playing. It has tipped the balance to not playing again.
Wicksweff

Post by Wicksweff »

It should be a "Table configuration" option for the game.
mikeg2

Post by mikeg2 »

There definitely needs to be some sort of 'turbo' option. Too much time allotted for each turn. It should take maybe 30 seconds, if you have 1 or 2 players that take their sweet time, a game can last forever it seems. Brutal. I only like to play with 3 players total or it's too slow.
EvilMuffin

Post by EvilMuffin »

I'm actually involved in a 4 players game where a player has been doing the same turn for 8 days right now, trying to trade and trade and trade and...
I would quit this game.
Aless

Post by Aless »

I'm agree too slow, game is boring. and a super fast mode would be useful

Return to “Catan”