Spotted some unfair playing.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Zlobot

Spotted some unfair playing.

Post by Zlobot »

Hey there Carcassonne community. I could be writing in the wrong place, but i just saw some unfair game by two players:

SteffiTorres

michldergrosse

Game ID #278940823

For no reason player with nick name michldergrosse connected mipple of yellows player into the field, which prevented yellow player with nickname SteffiTorres losing the field fight.
Meeplelowda

Re: Spotted some unfair playing.

Post by Meeplelowda »

Zlobot wrote: 27 June 2022, 20:08 Hey there Carcassonne community. I could be writing in the wrong place, but i just saw some unfair game by two players:

SteffiTorres

michldergrosse

Game ID #278940823

For no reason player with nick name michldergrosse connected mipple of yellows player into the field, which prevented yellow player with nickname SteffiTorres losing the field fight.
You need to give a much more detailed description of the situation so that it won't require someone going through the entire game replay.

For example, was there another player besides those two that michldergrosse was ahead of, and letting SteffiTorres win that field prevented the other player from overtaking michldergrosse? I.e., let's say michldergrosse is in 1st, PlayerX in 2nd, SteffiTorres in 3rd. If PlayerX would overtake michldergrosse by winning the field, but SteffiTorres is so far behind that they won't catch michldergrosse, then it could possibly make strategic sense to make sure SteffiTorres wins that field instead of PlayerX. But I'm not slogging all the way through a game replay to see what really happened.
Last edited by Meeplelowda on 27 June 2022, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Zlobot wrote: 27 June 2022, 20:08 For no reason player with nick name ******* connected mipple of yellows player into the field, which prevented yellow player with nickname ******* losing the field fight.
A single example means nothing, You would need to identify a pattern of behaviour. And the place to report it is to the moderators not on the forum. You may well get moderated for calling players out by name (which is why I deleted them).
Zlobot

Post by Zlobot »

I am not a moderator as you mantioned.
But if you check out their games history you will see a lot of games together where one player in
95% cases is on the highest position then the other..

It looks like some unfairness happenning..
Silene

Post by Silene »

a) You didn't give the move number nor a detailed description about what happened. So what you're claiming is hard to verify without replaying the whole game
b) You're claiming one person is most of the time above the other. I checked their history and it turns out that is simply not true. 47% vs. 42% hits in carcassonne is very normal.You just made up the 95%.

I would assume they are friends and at some point one of them made a mistake or it didn't matter for them or they felt generous towards a friend (which is not nice for the other players but not a reportable offense undless done massively and systematically).

Openly denouncing people on the forum however is not okay. And falsely accusing is even worse ;)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “Carcassonne”