Can't select Beetle?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
SquashEngineer

Can't select Beetle?

Post by SquashEngineer »

Sometimes when playing on iOS phone, I can select any new placement bug except the beetle - it just won't highlight, even though I have legal placements for it. Is their a rule for the beetle I'm missing? Anyone else having trouble selecting the beetle?
RicardoRix

Re: Can't select Beetle?

Post by RicardoRix »

That sounds like a bug.
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

As you say there are no special placement rules for the different pieces.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

I wanted to check with the community first, before lodging a bug. I have seen some "difficult" behaviour before with the phone. Like selecting balls in Abalone can be wonky. Also moving the board layout around in Carcassonne can be difficult sometimes. I thought there might be an issue in selecting the beetle in Hive that others may have encountered consistently as I have, and perhaps had a workaround (like screen refresh or something).
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

There are a number of outstanding, unaddressed, Bug Reports similar to this problem in the Bug Forum for this game. The developer does not appear to be participating any further in upkeep or investigation for this digital platform.
apolloq

Post by apolloq »

There is a work around for this - you scroll up till the beetles are half off the screen and then you can select them.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

OK thanks - I will try that workaround. I have encountered a similar problem with the Pillbug.
Jewdoka

Post by Jewdoka »

apolloq wrote: 21 June 2022, 20:35 There is a work around for this - you scroll up till the beetles are half off the screen and then you can select them.
Another workaround: turn phone sideways. Select beetle. Turn phone back vertical. Place.

I think it is a touch screen error..?

Return to “Hive”